Why become a member? ×

Peavey T40, white, 1980 with original hard case SOLD
£425

alhbass

Now SOLD

Breaks my heart, but I need to let this beautiful beast go.

£425 gets you this lovely 1980 T40 - including the original hard case (as pictured). Sorry, but no trades. hard cash needed (or online transfer, of whatever. Money, anyway).

[url="http://s779.photobucket.com/user/Alhbass/media/Peavey%20T40/DSC00954.jpg.html"][/url]Bought last year from the ever dependable Old Horse Murphy - because I just couldn't resist it - when my finances were in (marginally) better shape - it's a luxury I can no longer afford.

I think it just looks so great. But there are other, more substantial reasons for liking it too. It's beautifully made. It's in perfect working order. It weighs 9lbs 4oz (so it's no monster in that sense). It's strung with DR sunbeams. I could go on. But you don't need me to do you?

It's a great instrument.

Plenty of info out there if you need to know more about the remarkable tonal flexibility of the T40 (try [media]http://youtu.be/OOLvGYHemPo[/media]).

£425 cash on collection from York. Or I'll courier it if necessary - P&P not included though.

Let me know if you're interested...

Cheers.

Edited by alhbass

I've always hankered after a T-40 (bass not tank) and I got one on eBay a while back. It was in a sorry state (but cheap) and I moved it on as I couldn't get on with all the cosmetic damage. This one looks lovely and they are by all accounts great basses.

I have too many already and can't afford or justify another (unlucky 13?).

Bump for a great looking example of the breed.

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1391592851' post='2358820']
I've always hankered after a T-40 (bass not tank) and I got one on eBay a while back. It was in a sorry state (but cheap) and I moved it on as I couldn't get on with all the cosmetic damage. This one looks lovely and they are by all accounts great basses.

I have too many already and can't afford or justify another (unlucky 13?).

Bump for a great looking example of the breed.

Peter
[/quote]

Thanks Peter.

Assuming it sells, I'll be truly sorry to see it go.