Why become a member? ×

2001 Fender 50th Anniversary USA Precision Bass Butterscotch
£1100

christoff_reid

[attachment=154127:IMG_6439.JPG] [attachment=154128:IMG_6437.JPG] [attachment=154129:IMG_6438.JPG]
[attachment=154130:IMG_6440.JPG] [attachment=154131:IMG_6441.JPG] [attachment=154132:IMG_6442.JPG]

PRICE DROP! £950 [s]£1100[/s]

I'm selling my 50th Anniversary USA Precision Bass. I may live to regret it.

My loss will definitely be someone's gain. Ok... here's the absolute truth... I went and ordered one of the Fender Custom Shop 64 Relic P Basses online. I'm currently in my flat waiting for it to be delivered. I've been craving that Sunburst/Tort/Rosewood look for about a year. I know in my heart it's not going to play as well as this bass does. But this is what we do, right? I wish I could afford to keep both. If the CS is a complete dud maybe I'll change my mind. But, like I say, my loss... your gain.

This is one of approximately 400 manufactured in the USA in 2001. Well known for being one of the best off-the-shelf Fender Basses in recent times.

Here are the full specifications:

Body: Ash
Neck: Maple (Maple Capped plus Graphite Reinforced)
Fingerboard: Maple (9.5" Radius/241mm)
Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo
Scale Length: 34"
Width at Nut 1.625"
Hardware: Chrome
Bridge: Standard. (String-through body)
Pickguard: Black Annodized Aluminium
Pickups: USA P Bass
Unique Features: Vintage Tint on Neck, Commemorative 50th Anniversary Neck Plate, Rolled Fingerboard Edges, Certificate of Authenticity, Orange-lined Tweed Hardcase.

This bass is such a joy to play. The neck is the most comfortable I have ever played. The action is low with no buzzes. Despite having been gigged countless times, the frets are approx. 99.9%. I'm sure they went all out when they designed this model. It's virtually indestructable. There are a few little dings here and there, nothing major.

I bought the bass in 2007 and it has been my primary instrument since then. I bought it from the bass player of a band called Thirteen Senses. You can see the bass in use in their 'Do No Wrong' video on YouTube

[media]http://youtu.be/Ek8rB5KGXbQ[/media]

Comes complete with it's tweed hardcase and certificate of authenticity.

I'm based in South London if you'd like to come and try the bass out. I will be sad to see it go.

Here it is onstage with Brian May. (Shameless plug)

[media]http://youtu.be/jNZVSrxdVqA[/media]

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Edited by christoff_reid

I got one of these from another BC member about a year ago as I was about to join a band where a passive P sound would fit most of the set list. They are indeed an excellent bass and it is currently my main gigging instrument. Hope you find a buyer.

Hi Paul,

It's just under 4.5kg according to my bathroom scales. Not light but by no means a back-breaker. Not looking for any trades at the moment unfortunately. The Custom Shop P arrived yesterday and at the minute I need to recoup the cost of that.

Cheers, Chris.

Edited by christoff_reid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...