Why become a member? ×

NRD (New Rig Day): Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 + Vanderkley 212MNT

TRBboy

Hey guys, got my new rig in the last couple of weeks, and it's awesome! :D

It's kind of the sound I've been hearing in my head for a long time, very clear, defined and punchy, with a full but tight low end and detailed high end. The best way I can describe it is like listening to a really well produced bass track on good studio monitors! I tried some other top cabs too (Bergantino and Barefaced) but the Vanderkley just pipped it for me. I made a custom isolation pad for it too. Anyway, here it is:

Not great pics, but all I've got at the moment.

Happy boy! :D

Edited by TRBboy

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1391375052' post='2356509']
Thanks man! :D Not sure why the pic's come out such bad quality either, but you get the idea.
[/quote]

You're welcome! I did er... Photoshop it, just a little. :blush:
Probably why!

Edited by discreet

[quote name='thebassman' timestamp='1391625680' post='2359427']

I'd love to hear my shuttlemax 9.2 through one of those cabs.
Cheers
Thebassman
[/quote]

It really is superb, the best of the best out there for my needs at the moment. I thought about going for two 1x12"s, but I know from experience that there's not gonna be a situation where I want to use one on its own, it works out as £400 more, and I can easily carry this can with one hand if necessary anyway. I was quite sure that I wanted a one cab solution from the start really. If you're in the market for a top notch cab(s), Vanderkley definitely needs to be on your try out list!

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1391620646' post='2359356']

Thanks! I was impressed with the Streamliner too, but the Shuttle suited my tastes better.
[/quote]
The 9.2 is a class act and is an improvement over the already wonderful 9.0, given a different cab to my current ml112 I could be equally as happy with the shuttle as I am now with the streamliner. Genz amps are great, something there for everyone I think and as for Mark Vanderkley - great cab builder for sure, beautifully finished product and tone for days!

Bought one of these cabs from BassDirect (thanks Mark!). I'm over the moon with the sound quality it produces. Just need the Aurora amp now, and some red underpants to colour co-ordinate, and I'll be sorted!

Vanderkley is top kit!

RK

[quote name='rk7' timestamp='1391847199' post='2361895']
Bought one of these cabs from BassDirect (thanks Mark!). I'm over the moon with the sound quality it produces. Just need the Aurora amp now, and some red underpants to colour co-ordinate, and I'll be sorted!

Vanderkley is top kit!

RK
[/quote]

It is a truly outstanding cab, I love it! As happy as I am with my Shuttle 9.2, I think I may have to cut my credit card up when the Aurora comes out; the GAS will be strong! :D Are you using yours with the RH450?

[quote name='rk7' timestamp='1391890017' post='2362398']
I am, until it is Aurora-time! Then the TC rig (2x10 and 1x12) will be relegated to the practice room!

RK
[/quote]

Is there any word yet on a release date for the Aurora, or what the price will be?

The Aurora is (currently) due for release early March, (probably around the time of the London Bass Guitar Show I suspect).

Marc posted some pics of the internals yesterday of Facebook. It looks very amazing.

Price is showing at £1600 through BassDirect.

buy one TRBboy!

RK

[quote name='rk7' timestamp='1391969447' post='2363122']
The Aurora is (currently) due for release early March, (probably around the time of the London Bass Guitar Show I suspect).

Marc posted some pics of the internals yesterday of Facebook. It looks very amazing.

Price is showing at £1600 through BassDirect.

buy one TRBboy!

RK
[/quote]

Not a chance at that price pal! :D

New rig AND a new bass recently, I think I'm all spent out for the foreseeable future......