Why become a member? ×

Sold Subject to Usual FS 2007 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz with Mods
£590

V2factoryman

Reluctantly going up for sale is my black 2007 CIJ Geddy Lee Jazz, acquired on here from Giofio about a year ago. It came with upgraded Fender Custom Shop pups, but I found it a bit growly for my liking and had them replaced by Ged Green, well known North West luthier, with a special winding from Wizard, midway between the 64s and 84s, sometimes referred to as 74s. He also set it up for me. The original pups are included in the sale. Also fitted with Badass II bridge.

It is currently fitted with a white pickguard but a black one is included in the sale. Also fitted with straplocks.

Lovely fast neck with proper black inlays, not painted on like later ones, and nice black binding to the maple neck. Looks really nice, a few hairline surface scratches and one ding to the top of the body as you look down on it round your neck, but nicely touched in (I've tried to take a pic).

Selling as I have an urge for an active bass; I said I wouldn't have more than three basses so it's this one which has to make way.

Doesn't come with a case but I could ship in a hard case which is a bit time worn but would do the job. It's what it came to me in from Scotland safe enough :-)

I've lost the lead from my camera to upload pics so I've used my phone, so I apologise if they're not great. When I find my lead I'll take some better ones.

Price includes delivery to mainland UK but if you collect we can negotiate a reduction. Sorry but don't want to post overseas. Any q's fire away.

Edited by V2factoryman

[quote name='V2factoryman' timestamp='1390754216' post='2349039']

Selling as I have an urge for an active bass; I said I wouldn't have more than three basses so it's this one which has to make way.

[/quote]

Fit a J-Retro, then you won't have to sell. I'll bet that is a beauty.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1390764698' post='2349264']
Fit a J-Retro, then you won't have to sell. I'll bet that is a beauty.
[/quote]

He doesn't like Jazz basses sadly, as I found out to my cost... :rolleyes: :D

It is a lovely Geddy though, isn't it? :gas:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Conan, I was looking at this myself but shouldn't spend any more yet so I'll share the link with you... [url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/fender-geddy-lee-signature-jazz-bass/1049701940#photo-content"]http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/fender-geddy-lee-signature-jazz-bass/1049701940#photo-content[/url]

(apologies for thread hijack, just helping out a BC member with GAS) :D