Why become a member? ×

***Sold, Thanks***Fender US 2012 Precision Bass, OW, MN. Awesome neck (re-shape by Jon Shuker) - Price Drop
£950

Freddy

***Price is now £850 (ono)***

Hello,

Up for sale is my 2012 American Standard Fender Precision in [i]Olympic White[/i] with maple neck. It features the [i]Custom Shop 60’s[/i] split pickup and the new [i]hi-mass vintage[/i] bridge which can be strung thru-body or top loaded. It currently has a single-ply, retro-fit (so no additional holes) black pickguard but includes the stock tortoishell three-ply pickguard. It feels like an old one and weighs around 8.5lbs.The bass comes with the new [i]moulded Fender/SKB Case with TSA Locks [/i](this is mint as it has never been out of the house) and has all the case candy included. I’ve had some superb work done on the neck by Jon Shuker (See below).

I bought the bass from Lozz who got it new in 2013 (a great guy to deal with, by the way – hi Lozz) on [i]Bass Chat [/i]last May. It’s immaculate aside from two Knocks (one is tiny and is on the upper horn recess and is barely noticeable) and one (still small) which is on the edge of the upper bout above the belly contour (see pics, I've tried to make them as visible as I can) and some very minor ‘rashing’ on the lower rear side which, again, can hardly be seen. The bass has been played with flatwounds and nickel rounds (so hardly any fret wear) and sounds superb with either, both live and recorded. It’s a wicked bass that plays really well; fast and easy on the hands and wipes the floor with a ’78 that I had before.

As mentioned, the neck has had some work done by Jon Shuker (I have small hands and just couldn’t get on with the standard nut width) who did an amazing job, reducing the nut width to the narrower 38.4mm Jazz bass width (the new nut is bone) and tapering the neck to the original width around the 15[sup]th[/sup] fret. It’s an incredible job which hasn't touched the gloss lacquer or frets on the fingerboard and retained a classic P-bass feel, even better than it was!

The back of the neck has been carved to make it shallower to get the original shallow feel of the 60’s precisions (it’s around 20.5mm at the first fret and 22.5mm at the 12[sup]th[/sup]) and then re-lacquered with a satin finish. Fender tint the necks now and although there is a difference in the lacquer shade, Jon has made this as inconspicuous as possible at both the headstock and the heel (the pics don’t do it justice) as I didn’t want to lose the serial number on the reverse of the headstock. The edges have also been rolled for extra comfort and that ‘worn-in’ feel. This sounds like a lot of work, but it was worth it and no more expensive than swapping the neck for a quality replacement Jazz neck, getting it finished and adding a Fender P decal.

For more spec. check out the blurb from fender (the one in the pic is actually [i]Jade Pearl Metallic, [/i]but you get the idea):
[url="http://www.fender.com/en-GB/series/american-standard/american-standard-precision-bass-maple-fingerboard-olympic-white/"]http://www.fender.co...-olympic-white/[/url]

I’m genuinely sorry to see it go and if I could afford to, it would be staying. I’ve dropped the price to £850, I'm just trying to cover some of the cost of the bass and the work done.
I'm interested in trades, I’m in Sheffield and you’re welcome to come and try it.

Thanks for looking.

Freddy

Edited by Freddy

Freddy would you be interested in a USA Jazz at all as a trade plus some dosh ? [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/225923-fender-jazz-usa-2001-price-drop-to-l650/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/225923-fender-jazz-usa-2001-price-drop-to-l650/[/url]
Cheers,
Mark.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply and the offer. Unfortunately dude, I already have one! Your's looks wicked though, I'm sure it will sell and when it does, fancy buying mine (Lol!)? Nothing seems to be moving, dude. It's that post Christmas thing...

Best of luck with your sale and thanks again, just sorry we can't trade.

Regards

Freddy

I'm surprised this is still here.
I (eventually) sold a 2012 American Std Jazz on here, had to take a bit less than I'd hoped, but it went in the end.
I think it's probably right that the time of year doesn't help.
Anyway, have a bump and GLWTS!.

Edited by Wud