Why become a member? ×

Make a note of your serial numbers!

Mornats

After hearing about my bass tutor Matt Downer's Stringray 5 bass being stolen last week I thought I'd post a reminder for everyone to make a note of the serial numbers of your gear. If the worst should happen, it could help to track them down.

Hoping all your gear stays safe.

[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1390424204' post='2345400']
Insurance companies insist on it. Photos too (which for most of us really won't be a problem!)
[/quote]

This. Plus, the first thing I do when buying a bass/cab/amp is to photo the serial number and any unique grains/wood/dings (identitfying features) and then email them to myself.

I can't imagine NOT recording details of my instruments/amps.

On Basoofka.net we have a possibility to enter a piece of gear into system and record it's S/N. Nice feature.

However, writing down my bike's S/N haven't helped me with recovering it. :(

Edited by Immo

I always take photos of the entire bass including serial numbers and the receipt (if I have one) and then zip them up and upload to cloud storage. That way everything is date stamped and stored in a safe location. If you use your phone for the pictures they are are also stamped with the location, every little helps.