Why become a member? ×

My newish '89 Stingray

mathewsanchez

'Old Red'. My beautiful 2EQ Stingray completed on 5th December 1989. The finish is trans red and i've put a clear pickguard on it so you can see the figuring of the wood. It's an amazing bass with lots of punch and the aggressive that 2 band Stingrays are known for.

...and with a black pickguard.

Dare I say it looks more striking to my eyes with the black guard. But that doesn't matter a toss , you have it how you want it.

Fine looking bass , is it lightweight. I played a really light red one at the Yorks Bass Bash last Sun and now some fried brain cell tells me all red ones must be light!!

Whatever - cracking 'Ray , mate

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='231977' date='Jul 3 2008, 01:31 PM']Dare I say it looks more striking to my eyes with the black guard. But that doesn't matter a toss , you have it how you want it.

Fine looking bass , is it lightweight. I played a really light red one at the Yorks Bass Bash last Sun and now some fried brain cell tells me all red ones must be light!!

Whatever - cracking 'Ray , mate[/quote]

that really light red one isn't jobiebass's is it? cos he's got a really light red stingray lol (i think!)!

• 8 months later...

[quote name='ezbass' post='459455' date='Apr 10 2009, 05:28 PM']Saw the 'Ray in your avatar and had to find a full size picture of it. That's a beautiful Stingray especially with the see through p/g.[/quote]
It's acually now got a white pickguard and I don't think i'm ever gonna change it back, looks so classic with it on. Still got the clear one knocking about somewhere though.

EDIT: Although looking back at those pictures, black looks pretty nice.

Edited by mathewsanchez

That's beautiful. Same goes for almost any Stingray, but that's a particularly good specimen!

It looks great with black or white pickguard (not sure about the clear one). If I were pushed, I'd say white, but if I had the option I'd still swap them every so often for the sake of it!