Why become a member? ×

SOLD - ACG Finn 4 Number 0043
£1000

ShaunB

[size=4]£1,000 + p+p - No trades[/size]

[size=4]I have to free up some dosh for a new project - so my Finn is very reluctantly up for sale. Very good condition.[/size]

[size=4]I bought it from bobpalt, who had the bass built as a custom order. [/size]

[size=4]Since then it has been over to John East who fitted a U-Retro (from John: "a variation on a U-Retro 4 Knob Deluxe in order to take care of the piezo. A piezo circuit would be required, which includes a piezo/mag mixer circuit.") The U-Retro was £217.50 and the Piezo/Mab Circuit and mods an further £37.50.[/size]

[size=4]This has certainly brought a fantastic dimension to the bass, but, being a simpleton, still way too much technology for this bass-numpty, who loves a simple life (well a J and P-bass with East pre-amps)... it's just a lovely piece of furniture these days :-([/size]

[size=4]From Bob's sale thread: "It's an unbelievably good bass, one of Alan's best I think (and it was much praised at a Moffat bass bash a while back), having the benefit of a powerful RFB pickup and a Hipshot piezo bridge, so you can get a phenomenal range of tones and blended sounds. In addition, there are [b]SIMs amber leds[/b] fitted to the neck, which were then wired up by Alan ([u]not[/u] after market additions). The body is light Swamp Ash, with a 4mm Wenge accent, and an Okoume top, and the neck (which is asymmetrical) is 3 laminates of flamed maple, with a fabulous acrylic impregnated flamed lava Bubinga fingerboard. Strap locks, gloss finish and all black hardware complete the picture."[/size]

[size=4]An awesome bass... which comes with a Hiscox hard case. Link to the ACG webpage: [/size]

[size=4][url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/portfolio/0043-finn-4-string/"]http://www.acguitars...-finn-4-string/[/url][/size]

[size=4]Any questions, ask away...[/size]

[size=4]Da pics: (courtesy of Alan's website)[/size]

Edited by ShaunB

I played some of Alan's basses at the London Bass Show last year. Amazing instruments!

Alan is a very nice guy and knows what he is talking about when it comes to bass guitars.

GLWTS mate! Lovely bass!