Why become a member? ×

"Riverside Guitars" headless fretless

Annoying Twit

I found a green headless fretless bass in a second hand (Cash Generator type) shop today. It's being sold for £70. I had a closer look at it, and it seemed to be an OK instrument from what I can tell. I thought I'd google the brand, and it seems that a company of the same name makes high quality period correct instruments. http://www.riversideguitars.net/for-sale The one I saw looked a bit more home made, or what I'd expect if someone made a bass from a kit. The logo was written on the green body with a white font.

Anyone know what this instrument is? Or is the name being the same as the company shown in the link is just a coincidence and there's no connection.

Thanks. I found some reviews, and they were less than complimentary. The finish didn't look quite professional, neither did some of the accessories such as the nut. I would guess that the company/luthier from the website with the same name is unrelated, as their work looks pretty damn good to my eyes.

It was an odd instrument. The body was really heavy, but with a skinny light neck sticking out of it. The only other headless I've played was a Hofner, and it seemed much more balanced.

Edited by Annoying Twit