Why become a member? ×

can't bump or reply to my wanted ad in the sales section

0175westwood29

as the title states my wanted add is not visible as its gone down the list, yet cant bump it back to being visible is there a reason?

i know people will find it with the search but i seem unable to respond to anything in that section, having paid £20 to use the section for a year how come i cant fully use it?

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1390006032' post='2340577']
as the title states my wanted add is not visible as its gone down the list, yet cant bump it back to being visible is there a reason?

i know people will find it with the search but i seem unable to respond to anything in that section, having paid £20 to use the section for a year how come i cant fully use it?

andy
[/quote]

Good evening, Andy...

Have you read the 'pinned' posts t the head of the 'Items Wanted' section..? Here you are...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/219087-items-wanted-restriction-on-posting-replies/page__view__findpost__p__2235729"]Items Wanted - Restrictions...[/url]

I hope this explains why replies and 'bumps' to Wanted posts have been removed...

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1390006453' post='2340580']
Good evening, Andy...

Have you read the 'pinned' posts t the head of the 'Items Wanted' section..? Here you are...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/219087-items-wanted-restriction-on-posting-replies/page__view__findpost__p__2235729"]Items Wanted - Restrictions...[/url]

I hope this explains why replies and 'bumps' to Wanted posts have been removed...
[/quote]

Got in just ahead of me!

Sad in some ways, as it would be nice to bump wanted threads. Mine has disappeared so I guess i'll have to post a new one. Shame that some users were clearly using to avoid the (very reasonable) for sale fees.

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1390006032' post='2340577']

andy
[/quote]

The wanted section is free of charge, so no £20 fee to use that bit :)

Sadly, a very small minority of members chose to misuse the Wanted section by posting trade offers and details of their available instruments as a reply to the wanted thread, rather than pm or pay their own subscription and create threads to advertise their equipment, and as such the decision was taken to remove the ability to post in such threads. We are still looking at ways of improving the situation and make the section more useable, so please feel free to fire any ideas our way :)

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1390044979' post='2340790']
ah ok guys i see your point, but on the flip side does this just not mean several posts about the same thing?

ie ill now have to post again?

andy
[/quote]

Good evening, Andy...

I'll admit to not being expert in the ways of fora in general; even less in 'trade' fora, but here's my 'take'...

Why is it important that your 'Wanted' ad be at the top..? If I was looking to sell something, and wanted to see if there was any demand in 'Wanted', I'd do a search. There are nearly 400 pages of posts; I certainly wouldn't go through all of them, one by one. I'd not expect (except for the strangest of coincidences...) any request for my item to be on the first page. I can see for selling why a 'bump' would be useful, to stimulate an impulse purchase; I'm not so sure that this same 'logic' applies to 'Items Wanted'.
To answer the question, then... Yes, a new ad each time one wishes to appear at the top. The way this section works will come under scrutiny at some future date, but that's it for now. Ideal..? Perhaps not. Will a plethora of redundant ads help acquisition of the wanted item..? Dunno, but I remain somewhat sceptical. They're free ads, so try your luck, maybe...
Hope this helps...