Why become a member? ×

Well, how are we all getting on!

topheteatwo

I've been posting for a wee while now but I haven't done one of these!

I'm Chris! I'm 21, I live in Belfast where I study Sociology and I also just finished getting a music production degree as well!

I started playing when I was around 10 when my brother showed his electric and got hooked in, eventually decided bass was the way to go after hearing Six Pack by Black Flag when I was around 12.

I haven't played in a massive amount of bands, only 2 in fact.

I played with these guys Steering Fail from when I was 16 to about 19 and we just played weird grunge kinda stuff, but anyway we recorded this EP before we broke up, this is also were I found my voice (singer/guitarist left for uni)

http://steeringfail.bandcamp.com/

Then I formed this band with the old drummer in Steering Fail and got this other guy in, now we're PigsAsPeople and we play noise rock/post-hardcore kinda stuff, we've toured the UK, going back over in July, toured Ireland a few times, good craic.

http://pigsaspeople.bandcamp.com/album/the-first-four-months

I've used P-basses just cause they sound amazing to my ears, can't beat em (although I'd love a Grabber)
I used to play an Orange Terror Bass 500 which I used overdriven for a real grindy sound, but the tone got really sterile and the OTB 500 has a horrible EQ I think, so I use an Ampeg SVT 3 now pushing a little Orange 2x12 and a DIY 2x15 I picked up for about £80
I use a Fulltone OCD pushing into a Fuzzrocious Rat Tail, this is the greatest distortion sound to my ears, can't beat it, I use a Big Muff as well because I don't really use fuzz very often so I just got the standard one, got a Mooer Shimverb and a Rusty Box on the way too!

I love Brian Cook, Nick Thieneman, David Wm. Sims, Bob Weston, Chuck Dukowski, Mike Watt, Rob Wright, Charles Mingus, Nate Newton people like that

This was probably a bit long, should get back to exam revising
Cheers!

Hi Chris - from a fellow basis from Co. Antrim :) (We are the same age too)

I've heard of Pigs As People before - It's not my kind of music, which might sound like a bit of a downer, but since it's not the kind of thing I usually listen to, the fact that I've heard of you before must be good, eh? :)

Glad to have you here :) You'll fit right in :)

Also - I work in a music shop. If you ever need strings or anything of the sort, get in touch and I'll try to help out :)

[quote name='topheteatwo' timestamp='1389191285' post='2331111']
Hey MiltyG565!

That's really awesome that you've heard of us and don't worry, it's not for everyone!

I will definately get in touch dude!

Nice to see a fellow NI bassist on here!
[/quote]

There's a few of us floating around on here - don't worry :)