Why become a member? ×

Tune 6 String Bass.

ambient

On Ebay [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390740206504?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390740206504?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649[/url]

It's not according to my research Japanese though it's a Korean made bass, just in case anyone is tempted by it.

Still a great looking bass, but I don't know how much difference price wise the country of origin makes.

Japanese basses have a 6 digit serial number and no letter, this has a 10 digit starting with the letter S.

That may explain why a previous owner has changed the hardware to gold.

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1389021929' post='2328874']
It looks like a TWB6Z. These came with gold hardware.
[/quote]

I'm not sure, it has a rosewood fretboard and the seller says the previous owner put on the gold hardware, he doesn't know what was on before.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1389026412' post='2328980']
I have a Tune WR-05 fretless, made in Korea.

Really nice bass actually, slim neck, good solid build. I'd imagine this to be of similar quality.

Black hardware on mine though... can't stand gold hardware, think it looks awful.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not a fan of gold hardware either, somehow it looks a bit too flash.

I don't believe the original Japanese Tune basses (from the Maniac days) ever had this sort of quilt finish. The older Jap ones that I've seen and played were just a nice plain natural finish or solid colour. Could be wrong though I suppose.

Frankly, I don't think that's a great price. There was a red Japanese original on there for about 6 months for £550 and it never sold as far as I know. I'm sure the Korean ones are nice instruments but at that price, I'd look for a Japanese one. In fact, I think there are a couple for sale over here that are originals and quite a bit cheaper.

I'll see if I can find a link.

Both sold now. One for 600€, other for 620€

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1389036650' post='2329163']
I don't believe the original Japanese Tune basses (from the Maniac days) ever had this sort of quilt finish. The older Jap ones that I've seen and played were just a nice plain natural finish or solid colour. Could be wrong though I suppose.

Frankly, I don't think that's a great price. There was a red Japanese original on there for about 6 months for £550 and it never sold as far as I know. I'm sure the Korean ones are nice instruments but at that price, I'd look for a Japanese one. In fact, I think there are a couple for sale over here that are originals and quite a bit cheaper.

I'll see if I can find a link.
[/quote]

I found some that had nice wood facings, that's kinda why I thought this may have been Japanese, it looks too nice to be Korean :rolleyes: .