Why become a member? ×

Editing sale/trade value

Bloc Riff Nut

I've got a couple of things for sale and wanted to change the trade/sale value.When using the 'Full Edit' function i can change the value but when I view the edited ad it's back to the original pricing.

Anyone else have this problem or am I overlooking something .

I have managed to place the new valuation in the text of the ad, but it's not the same. The first thing you see is still the higher price.

Hope this is in the right place.

[quote name='Bloc Riff Nut' timestamp='1388921557' post='2327577']...Anyone else have this problem or am I overlooking something ...[/quote]

No, nothing overlooked (except maybe a few earlier posts on the same subject... ;) )

This is a 'feature' of the programming used when entering the Marketplace ads. When the ad is placed, the system takes this value for triggering the payment part (under £50=free, £7 per ad, £20 for year...). Once that's done for that ad, it's fixed. Ideally, perhaps, this value need not even be displayed, but it's too late for that now, until the next phase of site improvements. No timing fixed for that, though, and no definitive decision taken yet on the matter.
No, the amount cannot be modified. One has to indicate elsewhere (perhaps in the ad title..?) the current price asked. The ad title can be edited by the OP by editing the first post.
Hope this answers the question..?