Why become a member? ×

MTD 535...

Josh

Yeah, its an MTD 535-21 "Marilyn" model with a chambered alder body. Its also got a wenge neck and a birdseye maple fingerboard which is quite unusual for MTDs, but give you the midrange growl of wenge but without that ultra high end bite that the wenge fingerboard gives you. Awesome bass, there really is nothing out there that sounds as "full" as an MTD Marilyn model, the chambered body is something else.

[quote name='Mark Latimour' post='253776' date='Aug 3 2008, 04:50 PM']Yeah, its an MTD 535-21 "Marilyn" model with a chambered alder body. Its also got a wenge neck and a birdseye maple fingerboard which is quite unusual for MTDs, but give you the midrange growl of wenge but without that ultra high end bite that the wenge fingerboard gives you. Awesome bass, there really is nothing out there that sounds as "full" as an MTD Marilyn model, the chambered body is something else.[/quote]

Did you get it imported by any chance man?

[quote name='Mark Latimour' post='253847' date='Aug 3 2008, 06:51 PM']Yeah, I ordered it through The Groove Shoppe in the States and they sent it over.[/quote]

Do you mind if I ask if you got burned on the import tax and vat etc...?

I am seriously nursing a semi at the thought of a second 535.

[quote name='Josh' post='254907' date='Aug 4 2008, 10:48 PM']Do you mind if I ask if you got burned on the import tax and vat etc...?

I am seriously nursing a semi at the thought of a second 535.[/quote]

you will pay 22% on top of the value of the bass to cover vat and duty. I've had a few basses imported from the US and without exception have always been charged - the carriers will always collect the charges on behalf of HM Customs & Excise. the only differences is if you receive via Parcel Force (ie it's been mailed via USPS (US Postal Service)), then you'll always have to pay the extra money to them before they give you the parcel. FedEx sent me an invoice 3 months later. UPS who delivered my 535 (from the Groove Shoppe) charged me when I collected the bass from their depot.

Ari is considering letting a couple of his 535s go - send him a PM, he's in France, so no vat & duty to pay :)

Edited by Gwilym

[quote name='ped' post='254909' date='Aug 4 2008, 10:49 PM']Lol a semi no less. Lovely bass Josh - how is the down-tuning trick we talked about working out?[/quote]

Let's just say my lower bowels are much more looser and I now drag my arse along the carpet like Nellie :) !

Edited by Josh

[quote name='Gwilym' post='254918' date='Aug 4 2008, 11:01 PM']you will pay 22% on top of the value of the bass to cover vat and duty. I've had a few basses imported from the US and without exception have always been charged - the carriers will always collect the charges on behalf of HM Customs & Excise. the only differences is if you receive via Parcel Force (ie it's been mailed via USPS (US Postal Service)), then you'll always have to pay the extra money to them before they give you the parcel. FedEx sent me an invoice 3 months later. UPS who delivered my 535 (from the Groove Shoppe) charged me when I collected the bass from their depot.

Ari is considering letting a couple of his 535s go - send him a PM, he's in France, so no vat & duty to pay :huh:[/quote]

Grrrrr, so I'd have to keep at least £300 in cash to pay them off?

Already have man, his 6 keeps me awake at night, but the only 535 of his that htis my eruption button is one of the 2 he's keeping :).