Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts - Talks Music, with Nile Rodgers, Jeff beck, EWF, Lindsay Buckingham

The Admiral

Don't know if anyone has caught this, but it's a great series, and last week's with Nile Rodgers was fantastic. He talked very fondly and frankly about his career and Bernard Edwards, and was visibly moved when speaking about finding his old friend dead in his hotel room. He comes across as a very genuine, very talented guy - and I want to be that cool one day! Amazing to consider how many big albums and tracks he's been involved in.

Jeff Beck wasn't much of a conversationalist, but he played a great deal (they all have instruments available when being interviewed), and the Earth Wind and Fire interview this weekend should also be good.

http://www.sky.com/tv/show/talks-music

Sky Arts : Virgin channel 282, and it's regularly repeated in the wee small hours, so maybe one for the V+ or Sky + box.

Edited by The Admiral

I recorded and watched the Nile Rodgers one - missed the series up until then - doh!

Hope they repeat the first few soon. EW&F should be good.

Only thing I wasn't too big on with Nile was the missing of about 30 years from his career - from Let's Dance, Bernard sadly passes away, and it's 2013 - following about 45 minutes on the 'early' period. Thought they could have covered a bit more.

Then again, I suppose all his big production jobs were back in the 80's, so maybe there was genuinely less to cover since then?

[quote name='Horizontalste' timestamp='1386770185' post='2304250']
I saw the Nile Rogers one, might buy his book on the strength of it.
[/quote]

Santa brought it for me last year - great read, well worth the outlay : he's a very intelligent and interesting guy, and he's very honest about his addictions and lifestyle.

I saw the Jeff Beck one and was also surprised, like Phil, at the amount Jeff openly talked seeing as he is know for being a bit private. Have the strangest feeling from other interviews that his '54 "all orginal tele" was supposed to be for Keef but he bought it from his road manager before Keef could get his hands on it.