Why become a member? ×

Markbass cab parallel speakon inputs.

jimbobothy

Hey guys,

I've been informed that the two speakon inputs that are on each of my cabs are wired in parallel. In usage what does this mean please? E.g. If I daisy chain from one cab to the other what will the overall ohms rating be, 16 ohms?

I run a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 head at the moment.

Cheers, any info would be great B)

Edited by jimbobothy

[quote name='jimbobothy' timestamp='1386522033' post='2300989']
Hey guys,

I've been informed that the two speakon inputs that are on each of my cabs are wired in parallel. In usage what does this mean please? E.g. If I daisy chain from one cab to the other what will the overall ohms rating be, 16 ohms?

I run a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 head at the moment.

Cheers, any info would be great B)
[/quote]

Two 8 Ohm cabs in parallel will give you 4 Ohms.

Corrrect. Although the amp and cabs are being connected in a physical daisy chain, the cabs are electrically connected in parallel.

AMP--------CAB--------CAB

and . . .

AMP--------CAB
|
\________CAB

. . . are electrically the same. Both cabs are being electrically connected in parallel and if they are 8 ohms each then the total load on the AMP will be 4 ohms.

(I hope the graphic is clear enough, the forum software seems to remove spaces!))

Edited by flyfisher

Hey, cheers guys. It's nice to know you can ask a question and get a decent response quickly. Makes sense know, as stated above the physical connection would be a daisy chain but the electrical one is parallel, the same as if I used both speakon outputs on my shuttle B)