Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Compact Gen2 Handle Problem

martthebass

I know this is an unfortunate common problem. I've tried to source alternatives from BF but have had no reply to date. I'm concerned the cab may soon become part of my foot one of these days so could anyone give a heads up on an alternative that fits and hopefully doesn't fall apart? Cheers, Mart

It's a manufacturing defect. As the manufacturer and retailer, Barefaced should collect it from you, fix it and return it to you at no cost. Good luck with that. As you are a mod and have raised subject on the public forum that drives their business, you have a better chance than most of getting it fixed. It's not too difficult to sort as a DIY project but you shouldn't really have to, and you will invalidate any warranty you may have (it's on their website) if you try.
Get them to sort the feet while they're at it. Have you phoned them?

There's the rub Stevie, this was bought used and I was aware this could be an issue with these cabs. I guess I'm on the list for a reply but I don't mind being proactive and sorting it before it causes more damage. I don't see that BF have a responsibility to me as I didn't buy it from them......hopefully it's a cheap and easy fix.

According to EU regs, I don't think it makes any difference whether you bought it used or not.

However, if you're happy to fix it yourself, the solution is to replace the woodscrews in the handle with machine screws and t-nuts. Do the same with the feet. Have a look on the Blue Aran site for the bits and pieces, or check with your local wood merchant or Screwfix. You might like to consider fitting larger feet and a proper handle, but that's up to you - Blue Aran do a nice one (same as the Marshall one) but I don't know whether the holes from the old one will show.

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1386105926' post='2295951']
Nothing at all wrong with the feet.
[/quote]

They may be all right now, but if you're going to do the handle you might as well do the feet - it's not much extra work if you have the driver out. It's up to you, of course.

The guy whom I bought my Compact from said that Barefaced replaced his handle out of warranty - so maybe they will send you a handle.

I'm fairly sure the guy from Barefaced reads things on this forum - so he may be along in a minute. Even if he does charge you for a handle and postage, can't be too much surely.

If not, you could try these people.

[url="http://www.adamhall.com/index.php?sendsuchwort=yes&ininfosite=yes&cccpage=project_41&inprods=yes&set_language=en&ccccontainer=&searchterm=strap+handle&searchgo.x=-244&searchgo.y=-9"]http://www.adamhall.com/index.php?sendsuchwort=yes&ininfosite=yes&cccpage=project_41&inprods=yes&set_language=en&ccccontainer=&searchterm=strap+handle&searchgo.x=-244&searchgo.y=-9[/url]

I got a good replacement for my Cornford amplifier there - and good value too.