Why become a member? ×

Traded
£750

chuck_stones

So, I picked up this lovely Lakland Skyline in a trade earlier this year and it's a fantastic bass; recently used for a recording and the natural tone was so excellent I recorded it like that. I'm not sure if I really want to part ways with it, but thought I'd put it up for trade to see what is out there.

I believe it's a Lankland Skyline DJ4, however the Lakland site doesn't list a natural finish, so not 100% sure.

Jazz bass with maple neck, maple fretboard and black block inlays, natural finish swamp ash body. Currently strung with flatwounds which makes for a great vintage tone set up.

Condition wise, it's great, aside from a couple of small dings on the back of the neck (most noticeable directly behind the 3rd fret) and headstock.

In terms of trades, I'm looking for something along the lines of a Warwick $$, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Spector, MusicMan, Sandberg or good P-Bass (perhaps with the extra J pickup in bridge position), or what ever is out there that might be interesting. Certainly not in any hurry to move it on, and regrettably not in a position to trade up.

What have you got?

[attachment=149339:2013-11-27 11.26.43.jpg]
[attachment=149340:2013-11-27 11.27.14.jpg]

p.s. sorry for the crappy pics, had to take them in a hurry; will post some better ones if requested.

Edited by chuck_stones

[quote name='smaz' timestamp='1385555717' post='2289544']
I wasn't going to trade this, but I have a MusicMan Sterling I'd be up for trading:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/217641-fs-usa-musicman-sterling-l700-price-drop-again/
[/quote]

Very tempting as that looks like a lovely Sterling...looking for something with a chunkier neck profile though; I'm finding the jazz style necks a bit too small for my clamp hands.

• 2 weeks later...

Any interest in the P Bass in my pics ? it's got the extra Jazz pup, both are EMG's the whole thing was worked on by Martin at the Gallery a while back including a new high mass bridge, new electronics with loads of control, active, new battery compartment in the back, back of the neck cleaned and sanded, new tort scratchplate, over £350 of work alone ! I've owned it since around 1990. Plays like a dream. hmm i may have talked myself out of this.

[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/jjay69/sets/72157628162331605/[/media]

Edited by jjay69

[quote name='jjay69' timestamp='1386955662' post='2306844']
Any interest in the P Bass in my pics ? it's got the extra Jazz pup, both are EMG's the whole thing was worked on by Martin at the Gallery a while back including a new high mass bridge, new electronics with loads of control, active, new battery compartment in the back, back of the neck cleaned and sanded, new tort scratchplate, over £350 of work alone ! I've owned it since around 1990. Plays like a dream. hmm i may have talked myself out of this.

[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/jjay69/sets/72157628162331605/[/media]
[/quote]

Nice! Very very nice.