Why become a member? ×

USA P Bass worth the money?

Perry

[quote name='JamesFlashG' timestamp='1385656518' post='2290788']
I find the precision when played by its self is maybe not the nicest bass tone but there but there is something unique about how they sound in the mix with a band that I just have not heard from any other bass I love them! and they crop up is so many different styles of music as well and never sound bad / out of place. I will allways own a precision
[/quote]

I found myself liking the PBass sound more with a band, or solo playing too. The studio sounds of the PBass are great.

[quote name='JamesFlashG' timestamp='1385656518' post='2290788']
I find the precision when played by its self is maybe not the nicest bass tone but there but there is something unique about how they sound in the mix with a band that I just have not heard from any other bass I love them! and they crop up is so many different styles of music as well and never sound bad / out of place. I will allways own a precision
[/quote]
[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1385666952' post='2290979']
I found myself liking the PBass sound more with a band, or solo playing too. The studio sounds of the PBass are great.
[/quote]

I used to think the same James, many other basses sounded "better" when played solo but now I`m in agreement with GSG that I like them more and more, whether in the mix or solo.

I bought a US Standard today, after trying half a dozen different Precisions. It's a keeper, I didn't go in for one specifically, but it was just perfect and won out over Road Worns and Specials and various other Mexican P's. To be honest, none of the basses I tried were duds, just this particular American Standard had something special about it.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1385846554' post='2292887']
I bought a US Standard today, after trying half a dozen different Precisions. It's a keeper, I didn't go in for one specifically, but it was just perfect and won out over Road Worns and Specials and various other Mexican P's. To be honest, none of the basses I tried were duds, just this particular American Standard had something special about it.
[/quote]

Congrats on your new PBass. That's cool that you had a selection to play, and choose from. What finish is the body? What wood is the fretboard on it? :rolleyes:

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1385863502' post='2293061']

Congrats on your new PBass. That's cool that you had a selection to play, and choose from. What finish is the body? What wood is the fretboard on it? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Thanks! It's sunburst/rosewood combo. I'll get some photos up in a bit! I just re read my last post, saying that 'it won' over other P's, I should clarify, was a personal preference thing, I'm not stating that it was clearly better, I had the money to spend and it was worth it to me. The US ones were flawless and you can tell the materials used are top quality. It has the nicest rosewood fretboard I've seen and only weighs a 8lbs 10. But, I played a peach of a Road Worn and someone else might have preffered that. The neck pocket was super tight, frets were great, it just didn't sound as I wanted and the US Std did.

Was actually really nice to play a bunch and not really have anything bad to say about one of them. All great Precision's that cater to different tastes. To the OP, try and play a few and see which one you like the feel of best!