Why become a member? ×

It's a bass Jim...

Born 2B Mild

Found via Google [i]..."Yup-that's right. It's a bass guitar with a midi keyboard mounted on it. Yes, the two are played simultaneously. The bass is played with the left hand alone by means of a guitar technique known as "hammer-ons" while the keyboard (which emulates a distorted slide guitar most of the time. among other things) is played with the right hand. This instrument has a weight equivalent to that of a small motorcycle, and as you might imagine, requires years of time and patience to "master"."[/i]

[url="http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/02/the_swiss_army_bass.html"]Video links 'n all![/url]

Well that's just a lash up surely? Someone's bolted a keyboard onto the bottom of a bass, and they haven't even used subtle bracketry.

I've got an old Aria lying around here somewhere, so if I just get a trombone and a couple of bits of angle iron...

[quote name='Galilee' post='225893' date='Jun 24 2008, 02:08 PM']Well that's just a lash up surely?[/quote]

No 5hit? check that rusty old bracket out! :huh: :huh: :)

How about a jig saw and piec of angle iron and a snare drum.... One person rhythm section

:huh:

Actually had it been done nicely with a Hohner B2B and one of those dodgey keyborad guitar alikies fro the 80s it may have had some credibility..... as it is, my dog Meg could have done one better than that ....

[quote name='The Burpster' post='225977' date='Jun 24 2008, 04:09 PM']No 5hit? check that rusty old bracket out! :huh: :huh: :)

How about a jig saw and piec of angle iron and a snare drum.... One person rhythm section

:huh:

Actually had it been done nicely with a Hohner B2B and one of those dodgey keyborad guitar alikies fro the 80s it may have had some credibility..... as it is, my dog Meg could have done one better than that ....[/quote]

I think the guy made it look just as he wanted it to.
See how good it looks on the video with your eyes closed ....

[quote name='lowhand_mike' post='225898' date='Jun 24 2008, 02:13 PM']go watch teh videos, yeah i looks a mess but sounds awesome, i was expecting utter rubbish which it certainly isn't, and add to that he sings whilst playing it. :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :) :)[/quote]

I just watched the videos - incredible! Nice sound too.

I have trouble talking and playing bass at the same time, let alone the complex lines he's playing on both at once while singing. The human brain (although not mine!) is an amazing bit of kit when it's wired up properly :)