Why become a member? ×

Tecamp Puma 1000 amp (Powersoft Version) SOLD!
£575

LukeFRC

Tecamp Puma 1000
Powersoft version - so 2x500w into 4ohm min or bridged at 1000w into 8ohm min.[list]
[*]Amazing clear transparent preamp - 4 band Eq with well chosen points.
[*]Low boost for a low mid hump (think tube amp) and high boost for... well I've never worked out why I'ld need it but you can add a lot of top end in.
[*]A great wee compressor with two different delay times - so either a big fattener or a fatter but punchy as anything sound.
[*]the taste knob- similar to the timbre on a thunder funk (apparently) one way vintage warm mids, the other way sharper mid scooped. A lot of folk love it. I leave it in the middle the whole time!
[*]Effects loop wet/dry
[*]mute
[*]DI with all the usual gubbins.
[*]Original box and manual with the rack ears (unused ever)
[/list]
Built around the powersoft digimod 1000 module it sounds amazing with a much bigger rounded bottom than most class D amp - weighs 3kg or so.
Simply a fantastic amp - I've downsized my rig to a little combo - otherwise I'ld be keeping it, still quite tempted to be honest and pair it with a barefaced big baby, but thought I would offer it up for sale here first and if someone's after one then I'll live with the combo!
As far as I'm concerned the powersoft tecamp puma range are some of the best class D amps around - IMO it wipes the floor of Markbass little mark and just sounds like it's got more balls! Kjung over on talk bass described the sound as "like a high end clean valve amp" - he prefers the 500 to the 1000 but I like the slightly different EQ settings on the 1000.
This sounds different to the current Puma range which uses a different power amp module.

£575 ONO
[b]SOLD![/b]

I also have a matching Tecamp M210-4 Cab here.... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/221415-tecamp-m210-neo-version-4-ohm-price-drop-to-l375/"]http://basschat.co.u...e-drop-to-l375/[/url] want the whole rig and I'm sure the price can be negotiated down a bit! ;) Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='paulie' timestamp='1384426339' post='2276496']
Hi

I am actually looking for a power amp rather than an amp.
Do you know if the preamp can be bypassed in this?

Thanks
[/quote] Yep, plug in the effects/line in socket at the back and turn the effects blend knob all the way to wet. I've been using it this way a fair bit at home and just plugging the ACG preamp into the back. It sounds good!

My plan B for my rig was to keep this, get a barefaced or other full range cab and then get a valve preamp to run into this, and have the choice between the relatively uncoloured tecamp pre and the valve one. To be honest that's still a great plan, it's a great amp this and if I think too much I do wonder why I would have stuck it up for sale on here!