Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Deluxe 24 & Hiscox case - SOLD
£450

davehux

I'm selling this beautiful Fender Jazz Deluxe 24 fret bass, which I bought from here a few months ago. Why? Simply because I like ringing the changes and trying out new amps and basses.

Not a common model from Fender, which is what attracted it to me in the first place. If you like playing up at the dusty end, then you've got a complete 2 octave neck to noodle on.

If you read the reviews, it seems that the original Seymour Duncan designed preamps have all the reliability of a 1970's Skoda, and this one was no exception. I had it 2 days before it blew up. It now sports a brand new Bass Mods, 3 band preamp, with a complete new wiring harness and pots. The knobs and microswitch are the originals.

For controls, you have :-

Master Volume - with push/pull active/passive function, so keeps going if the battery dies.
Pickup Blend
Stacked Bass/Treble
Mid
Battery On/Off - stops that massive pop when you pull the lead out

The pickups are the original Seymour Duncan Basslines, as fitted by Fender, and the tuners are the original Hipshot models. It has the original Fender high mass bridge as well.

The preamp is awesome, with a huge range of tones from thin and weedy, to wall shaking bass.

The tobacco quilt top looks fantastic, and the overall condition is very good, with only a single ding on the headstock edge worth talking about.

A lovely bass that I've enjoyed owning and playing

It comes delivered to your door in a good condition Hiscox hard case for [s]£450[/s][size=6][b][size=4][s]£400 [/s] [size=6]£375 [/size][/size][/b][size=4]No trades wanted now - thanks[/size][/size]

Slideshow here - [url="http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/Dave_Huxley/slideshow/Jazz%2024"]http://s1304.photobu...eshow/Jazz%2024[/url]

Edited by davehux

I hear you and agree entirely. I was essentially forced onto eBay when I had no bites here...mind you, in a way I'm glad because I had it up for £350 here and didn't sell it but got £412 on eBay.

I also offered free shipping and sent it via interparcel.com. Think it cost about £16 which I was quite happy with.

Edited by thebassist

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Donovan

It's a standard width jazz neck - just goes a bit further up the dusty end. I've had several 'normal' jazzes, and this one feels no different.

This isn't a stupid answer, but in passive mode it sounds like a passive jazz. However I don't think you'll play it much in passive mode, because it sounds so powerful in active mode. You've got seperate bass/mid/treble controls, so tonally, there's plenty more scope than the traditional single jazz tone knob.

For a quick sale to a top quality BC'er, I'll ship it to Belgium for the £375 :D