Why become a member? ×

top row buttons not working

sprocketflup

the buttons along the top row, i.e. pm shortcut, notifications but in particular the username dropdown menu has suddenly stopped working for me? when I click on it, it tries to display but can only manage to show the 'Whats on your mind' box.

I used to use these to navigate through the forum, finding it tricky without it tbh.

Ive tried clearing my cache and that hasnt worked, that's about the limit of my technical savvy tho

:/

Righto. :)

IE10 has always been a wee bit flaky with the board software we use (along with a lot of other sites!).

We did some upgrades yesterday and my best guess is that the other boards using this same sort of software are using an older version of it.

If you do the upgrade to Windows 8.1 it automatically installs IE11, which is what I'm using here and works fine.
The upgrade is free from the Microsoft website and took about 30 mins when I did it.

EDIT: The other alternative is to install a different browser like Chrome or Safari which adheres to internet standards a little more rigidly than IE.

[quote name='sprocketflup' timestamp='1383566861' post='2265865']
Ive done it again, told a porky I mean, im on Windows 7, as Ive just found out by going to the Microsoft site doh!
[/quote]

:lol:

The important bit is the browser version really.
Windows 7 supports IE10 but the good news is that it supports IE11 as well.

If you're still on IE10 then upgrade to IE11 and there's a very good chance that you'll be sorted. :)

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1383566245' post='2265855']

We did some upgrades yesterday
[/quote]

That ties in with when, having switched to the full site on my iPhone, I no longer have the option to switch back to the mobile site...

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1383571710' post='2265948']
That ties in with when, having switched to the full site on my iPhone, I no longer have the option to switch back to the mobile site...
[/quote]

I don't have an iPhone to try it out with so I'll flag this up in the Mods forum so the techy chaps can see it.

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1383571710' post='2265948'] That ties in with when, having switched to the full site on my iPhone, I no longer have the option to switch back to the mobile site... [/quote]

Yup same here. Awaiting a fix, thanks for flagging it.