Why become a member? ×

Amp Recommendation for my setup

michinho

Hi all,

Looking for some help on my next amp purchase.

Looking for something to replace my Ashdown MAG 2x10 300 watt.

Really want something that is "clear" "punchy" and does not get muddy like the Ashdown does when you turn it up and really push it. Would also like something that plays well with effects. I have an overdrive pedal that runs on a real tube, so ideally something that would have a really nice clear clean tone but let me get "dirty" or "gritty" with the pedal engaged, but not making the sound "muddy". Other effects include Delay, reverb and fuzz.

Ideally would like something for small to medium sized venues, and if it is a combo, something that could ideally be used with an extension cab.

Also the more LIGHTWEIGHT the head,cabs or combo is the better.

My main bass is my Gibson Thunderbird but I also play Fender Jazz and Precision basses.

Cheers,
Mike

Clear, punchy and lightweight screams Gallien Krueger MB500 to me, or Genz Benz Shuttle.

Cab wise, Barefaced, some good bargains ending up on here at present due to the 3rd Generation Series coming out, many devoted fans are buying so offloading their 2nd Gens.

One small lightweight head, one lightweight BF cab - all you need really.