Why become a member? ×

Overwater Aspiration Elite- Thoughts

edstraker123

For what you have paid it seems a real bargain. Nice one!

The main thing is that you are happy with it. There are a lot of threads on here that decry the custom bass (and its pricetag) and I don't want this thread to be doing the same to a budget bass, because that's equally wrong.

The bottom line is this, if the bass plays well, and pleases you, then all is good.

Enjoy! Give us your views after a good play.

RK

I wasn't knocking the quality of the custom made Overwaters by the way and I just know that if I played one I'd be breaking open the piggy bank mumbling "totally worth it, totally worth it". The workmanship on those is superb (so I've heard) and the workmanship and finish on the Tanglewood made ones tell you straight away that they're made in a factory in China. Mine are also really heavy 10-11lbs each - ouch! But I was surprised to hear from those who have owned both that the playability and sound from them is very similar with "not much between them". I do think there are bad copies of the Tanglewood made ones knocking around and I've had people say they didn't like them at all whereas I'd be very surprised if there was a bad copy of a proper Overwater.

Bottom line, for £250 I think you're getting a lot more than a £250 bass. :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='edstraker123' timestamp='1383221835' post='2261685']
It finally arrived yesterday after some doubt I was actually going to receive it . It is an absolute beauty, finish is really nice, the setup is sublime with a set of Chromes on it and a wide variety of tones.
For the money it is one of the best basses I've ever purchased.
[/quote]

Any updates mate ?
Picked up one myself today on eBay .

• 2 weeks later...

The Elites are great great basses, I own 2 Perception Deluxe's and bought an Elite on a bit of a whim...they're at least 90% as good as the £2500 real thing.

The tone is very similar, the electronics are the same, the necks aren't quite as good could feel the joints in the ply's, the only real complaint I would have is the bridge isn't so easy to adjust, setting the intonation is a bit of a fcuk on but that's the only issue I ever had.

Apart from they don't hold their value at all.