Why become a member? ×

Marshall Bass 100 Combo - Not Working Need Advice

madshadows

Hi - Rumble suggested I post in here about my non-working bass amp, see my reply to Rumble below and I've also attached some photos, any clues/help/advice on getting it going ? :unsure:

Also any idea what it's worth working/not-working?

Thanks John B)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"Hi Rumble and fellow SE Londoner - can't believe that's worth anything, It's my fault it's not powering up at least!, I dragged it in the living room yesterday and it powered on fine but the input jacks were not working, took off the back panel to see if I could see behind the front control panel for loose wires but could only see the speakers, I then fiddled about with the fuses at the back and now it won't power on, don't know why I just didn't leave it alone !!, what an idiot [/font][/color] :P"

[attachment=145759:IMGP0982.JPG]

[attachment=145760:IMGP0983.JPG]

[attachment=145761:IMGP0984.JPG]

• 3 months later...

You never know. I've got a friends Marshall that looks similar vintage but is only 30W and 2x12, and is really not that good (lots of issues on the PCB, now sorted) but it is loaded with 2 Celestion Greenback speakers, the "vintage" ie '70s ones are quite sought after by guitarists and go for quite good money.

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1389792584' post='2337930']
You never know. I've got a friends Marshall that looks similar vintage but is only 30W and 2x12, and is really not that good (lots of issues on the PCB, now sorted) but it is loaded with 2 Celestion Greenback speakers, the "vintage" ie '70s ones are quite sought after by guitarists and go for quite good money.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, I'll the the back of and check the speaker make when i get a chance.

John

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1389792584' post='2337930']
[/quote]

+1

The later Lead & Bass tranny heads go for about £100, so the value of this is likely to be in the speakers, especially as the grille cloth on yours was only used in the early-mid seventies. No idea how much they're likely to be worth though, and I would have thought if it's equipped with bass speakers they're probably not worth as much as dedicated guitars ones.