Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Afternoon!

Chris Sharman

Hello All! I have viewed your forum in the past gauging others opinions on certain equipment and thought I should introduce myself and make my presence here more official.

I started playing bass at school in the late 80's and played with a number of bands over the years, an instrument I returned to earlier this year after a few years sabbatical due to a number of reasons (ex-Mrs etc). In the intervening years I played the odd acoustic spot and tried learning to play the tenor sax, which it turns out I have no talent for whatsoever, however the acoustic performances made me realise that I need to be playing and creating music far more than even I had realised.

Raids on Ebay have taken place resulting in a Fender Jazz Mex, a Behringer Ultrabass amp, and most recently a de-fretted Yamaha RBX370.

I am pleased to report that after meeting with a couple of local chaps I joined up with them to further their musical project and we are now writing some very interesting stuff that we hope to unleash upon the startled populace in the near future. More on this can be found at the bands website www.waterfordogs.co.uk

Thanks for listening!

Ha ha! Mojoke, like it.

Leen, I got a bargain with the Fender due to a mis-spelling in the listing, and the Yamaha was a friday night, couple of wines, silly bid and 'Oh! I've won it'. To be fair both of my basses left me with a feeling that I had almost stolen them.

I am told this is guilt.

Whatever.