Why become a member? ×

Switching strings all the time

badboy1984

Get another Precision! My main fretted bass is a P with flats, and I have another bass with rounds. I'm currently in the early stage of thinning out, so it remains to be seen whether the roundwound survivor is a straight P, P/J or J/J. Probably one of the latter two, as if I want a toppy sound I probably want a bridge PU too.

Talking about that i'm considering adding a bridge jazz pickup to my part build precision bass. I tend to use my precision more then any of my bass these days now. simply for plug and go style and no onboard preamp to mess around with.

Altho my p bass with seymour duncan SPB3 sounds great but i wanted to add a SJB3 on the bass to make it P/J setup, and wire the have volume/volume/tone.

If i do that then i will definite use rounds on the bass, because i like that bridge pickup growl when using rounds. £50 for the SJB3 to add near the bridge is not bad investment.

Is abit embarrass actually, the reason i keep changing is sometimes i play hardrock stuff then i feel rounds is much better, but then i also play some old school stuff which flats would be much better for the music. Trying to find a balance so i don't have to mess around with the action too much.

Haven't try half rounds to behonest.

2 p-basses is definitely your friend here matey!

I've a lovely fender 50's p that's sublime with flats on it, if I needed the p with rounds sound I'd get a 60's one (squier cv mebbe) or just a straight modern one and then I'd have 2 p-basses :gas: