Why become a member? ×

Hypothetical Retrovibe question

ras52

Purely hypothetically... if a friend of mine wanted to sell a Retrovibe RV4, given that its body shape my be considered by some to be similar to that of basses made by another manufacturer, how/where could he or she do it? I know BC is out: do eBay allow such things as long as certain words aren't mentioned?

Thanks (on behalf of my friend!)

there is a group on facebook for those type of instruments, should be able to find it with a search, failing that you could contact Mr Foxen and see if he knows anyone who might want it (he's acting as a dealer/middleman for this type of instruments)

just out of idle curiosity, what colour is this bass?

Matt

eBay will take it down probably within the day. Gumtree will be a bit slower (but they are owned by eBay so the same rules apply). Preloved will remove it after a lot longer, but it is not a very successful way of selling a bass anyway.

Yes, there is a group on facebook where you can post pics of your bass, although it also doesn't seem that successful a way of selling.

I tried to sell mine by those routes without success, so I think I will just keep it as after trying to sell it and playing it at a gig I found it is actually a very nice bass, I just wanted something different.

Thanks for the pointers.... I'm sure my friend will be interested to read them ;)

It's black with a white scratchplate. It comes out in the periodic "need to get rid of unplayed basses" sweeps, but it might hang around for a while as there are less played and less loved instruments in the collection... they are nice!

Sold my hypothetically similar shaped bass on eBay by listing it as a Buy it Now and including a closeup picture of the body without showing the horns. In the description I said to contact me for further pictures. The item title said exactly what it was. Sold within a couple of hours, and I didn't receive an abusive email from a certain Mr Hall, although others who have sold items in a similar manner claim to have done so as the Rickpolice had already reported the listing to him.

I didn't receive anything from mr hall, for either preloved or ebay but my item was taken down. I think mine lasted longer as I listed it on friday night and it wasn't taken down until monday morning! I just got a generic thing from ebay saying they couldn't sell it as there was a complaint, but it wasn't my fault and they would refund my costs, and a far snottier one from preloved telling me not to list it again.