Why become a member? ×

Lakland 55-02 *Reduced*

Rumble

Wondering if any of you folks would be intersted in mi' Lakland 55-02. Recently acquired in a trade, but also acquired a Stingray 5 at roughly the same time and really enjoying playing that. It's in really good condition overall; some buckle rash on the back if held up to the light and a small knock on the lower side of the headstock (see photo).

Please mail me with any questions.

Price-wise, I'm thinking somewhere in the region of £750, but I'm a reasonable chap, so .....

With regards to trades, I have a bee in my bonnet for Warwicks or anything jazz oriented. Let's see what 'ya got.

[attachment=9757:Lakland_...640x480_.JPG]
[attachment=9758:Lakland_...640x480_.JPG]
[attachment=9759:Lakland_...640x480_.JPG]
[attachment=9760:Lakland_...640x480_.JPG]

Ta for looking

Edited by Rumble

I think that's a good price for it! I was very tempted when this was up for sale before, as a bass player whose tone and style I quite like (Steve Jenkins) uses one (or at least the US made version).

Best of luck moving it on!

Mark

Yes the market is a bit slow at present. If I was selling, I personally wouldn't take less than 700-750 for it. But with the market being what it is, and if you really need the cash, I could understand a potential price drop (not that I'm advising this!).

Mark

I've already offered a polite refusal :) . Quite frankly, it's a blumin' good bass, just too good to be a back-up! However, if the market's so low as to be ridiculous it'll stay with me and I'll consider myself quite fortunate to have two very good basses.

[quote name='Rumble' post='221413' date='Jun 18 2008, 02:53 PM']....I have a bee in my bonnet for Warwicks or anything jazz oriented....[/quote]
In my opinion, this Lakland is way better than any "Jazz oriented" bass, certainly in the under £1000 price range. Why "give it away"? Take this as a sign that you should be keeping it.

[quote name='chris_b' post='229537' date='Jun 30 2008, 10:33 AM']In my opinion, this Lakland is way better than any "Jazz oriented" bass, certainly in the under £1000 price range. Why "give it away"? Take this as a sign that you should be keeping it.[/quote]

It's certainly starting to look that way. Not sure I'm getting on with the Barts. Which other companies would do PUPs and a pre-amp for a straight swap out without any woodwork required.

[quote name='Rumble' post='229627' date='Jun 30 2008, 12:34 PM']....Not sure I'm getting on with the Barts. Which other companies would do PUPs and a pre-amp for a straight swap out without any woodwork required....[/quote]
I like my Bartolini pickups but Lakland have their own now which get very good reviews, they also ship basses with Lindy Fralins. There must be others. Send an email to Dan Lakin. He's usually very helpful.

[quote name='TimmyC' post='230017' date='Jun 30 2008, 08:30 PM']My offer is still on the table[/quote]

I appreciate that, but unless it's now join by a plate of cash, your offer will still find itself sat next to my 'thanks, but no thanks' :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Rumble' post='230061' date='Jun 30 2008, 09:14 PM']I appreciate that, but unless it's now join by a plate of cash, your offer will still find itself sat next to my 'thanks, but no thanks' :)[/quote]

LOL!

Very nice looking bass there. I was wondering where abouts in the country you are? I have to admit that I am shy of a respectable offer this month though.