Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Rickenbacker 4003 MapleGlo 1989 with Case

The Legoheads

I'm currently selling one of my Rickenbacker basses as detailed below...

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260252939918"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=260252939918[/url]

I'm looking for around £1150 and am located near Oxford.

Edited by The Legoheads

[quote name='The Legoheads' post='221391' date='Jun 18 2008, 02:19 PM']I'm currently selling one of my Rickenbacker basses as detailed below...

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260252939918"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=260252939918[/url]

I'm looking for around £1150 and am located near Oxford.[/quote]

listing has been removed by eBay????

[quote]WOW!! Starting a for sale thread 3 minutes after joining – new BC record? :)[/quote]

haha... :huh:

[quote]listing has been removed by eBay????[/quote]

Sorry... it would seem that as th auction isn't scheduled to start until Thurday evening you can't currently view it... in the meantime here are some photos...

Edited by The Legoheads

[quote name='budget bassist' post='221683' date='Jun 18 2008, 08:10 PM']That's a NICE looking rick! good luck with the sale!

And don't forget to contribute a bit in the forums, joining just to sell is a bit rude :) (not that i'm saying that's what you did)[/quote]

Nice Rick and a few more on the wall I see. Just wondered how you rate the Maple against the black 4001/3 you have ? I have found the 4003's from the late 80s to be a bit more chunky around the neck than later or earlier models.

Tell all please

[quote name='loweringthetone' post='221731' date='Jun 18 2008, 09:29 PM']Nice Rick and a few more on the wall I see. Just wondered how you rate the Maple against the black 4001/3 you have ? I have found the 4003's from the late 80s to be a bit more chunky around the neck than later or earlier models.

Tell all please[/quote]

I've only played the Maple a couple of times and used it at rehearsal a few nights back. It was lovely to play and sounded better that my Jetglo. I put some Elixir strings on the Jetglo after liking them on my six strings but they really don't seem to work with the Ric. Not sure what strings were fitted when I bought it last year..? The strings on the Maple are pretty mellow too but I can't ID them.

As for the chunky neck, I can't say I've noticed but both my 4003s are very comfortable and easy to play with my medium sized hands. Might ave to check out the differences now tho... :huh:

My problem is that I love the look of the black and white over the maple and black so despite prefering the way the Maple sounds I'll be sticking with the Jetglo.. and yes... I really am that shallow... :)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='223513' date='Jun 21 2008, 11:58 AM']best ric iv seen by quite some way, stunnin, no suprises whatsoever its already sold[/quote]
I agree, there is something about that black hardware on wood, so unusual on a 4003, must resist must resist.

Hey Mr Legoheads - I have the same bass minus the black pickup cover.

Asa favour to this Forumite, I would really appreciate if you could ask your buyer if he wants the p/u cover - if not I would willingly buy it off him. Cheers Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='223561' date='Jun 21 2008, 01:04 PM']Hey Mr Legoheads - I have the same bass minus the black pickup cover.

Asa favour to this Forumite, I would really appreciate if you could ask your buyer if he wants the p/u cover - if not I would willingly buy it off him. Cheers Clarky[/quote]

I delivered the bass today and asked the buyer to pop by the forum if he was interested in selling the PU cover... :)

Edited by The Legoheads