Why become a member? ×

New Transcription

TKenrick

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='TKenrick' post='221375' date='Jun 18 2008, 01:47 PM']Here's a little bit of Anthony Jackson for you, from the Chaka Khan album 'Naughty'. Questions, comments, criticisms and suggestions are all welcome...

Enjoy![/quote]

I think such a fine piece of work deserves a 'well done' at least. Keep 'em coming. Perhaps something a bit easier next ? :)

Haha Steve your request is duly noted! Unfortunately I'm currently burdened with a dissertation until the end of July, but after that normal service will be resumed and I should be able to post new stuff on a fairly regular basis. In the meantime I'll look through my old transcriptions and post any that might be of interest.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tom,

Looks like a sterling bit of work dude!

Have you got a double bass now? Is that a lefty or is the pic reversed? Gigged it yet? I'm still working up the nerve to gig my stagg electric upright thing. Fun messing about on it though...

When you gigging in the ldn next?

Have a good one mate,

Tom

Yeah I finally took the plunge and bought a double (the pic is reversed for some reason), but it needs some work doing to it so I haven't been able to play it as much as I want to. I'm resigned to the fact that i'll have about a year of not being able to play it in public due to sloppy intonation...

As for gigs I've got nothing in london for a while, if all goes to plan I'm moving there in october so we'll have to sort out some kind of convention for tall bass players called Tom. Hows Maxfield/Silver Leaf stuff going?

easy now,

Tom

Great line thanks, nicely done in Sibelius (i guess) too. I think it's really important to get the proportions right for ease on the eye and you have.
One observation, in bar 72 I'm guessing the F# (2nd note beat 1) should be a quaver not as it is, a semi quaver as the bar is a semi quaver short, unless there is a dot hidden by the sharp sign on beat 4, but then that would imply very specific length of previous notes. Now I know it's Jackson but even he..... you get the picture.

[quote name='TKenrick' post='240654' date='Jul 16 2008, 09:59 AM']Thanks for the feedback Jake, nobody else picked up the deliberate mistake :huh: The first note of bar 72 is dotted, which has been obscured by the sharp sign of the next note, i'll change it asap![/quote]
Ahh all becomes clear. Thanks.
I see you've just taken up double, do you have a tutor? If not forgive the plug but I'm 8 miles from Guildford and here:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=20577"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=20577[/url]
Take a look at what my others say :) :huh: :huh:

Edited by jakesbass

Funny you should say that, I was reading that thread the other day and was going to get in touch with you. Unfortunately my double is in need of a new fingerboard and other repair work, so playing is on hold for the moment until i get the necessary cash. But I'm definitely interested in getting some lessons and learning how to play the thing properly!