Why become a member? ×

New Bass Collection models - Anyone tried them or own one?

molan

I was reading some stuff about Bruce Thomas and spotted the signature Bass Collection model:

Also a nice little story about the development here:

http://www.brucethomas.co.uk/?page_id=24

Made me start wondering about the range in general. The only one I've ever played (and that was acoustically for about 3 minutes!) was the Norman Watt-Roy model:

Anyone played any of the others?

Bass collection have made some great quality instruments. Checkin out Norms bass,similar to my bass collection J.Z made around 1997 though, are these all new?
[attachment=144783:Bass collection body.jpg]
[attachment=144784:Bass collection Jazz.jpg]
[attachment=144785:Bass collection headstock.jpg]

Edited by mikhay77

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1380309695' post='2223742']
Are any of these linked to the SGC Nanyo Bass Collection basses? - or am I right in thinking they are just using the 'Bass Collection' 'name'?

Nice bass Mikhay77 - what's it like? Any idea if this is linked to the (same factory) as the SGC Nanyo Bass Collections?
[/quote]
I am pretty sure mines one of the SGC basses although only ever seen one other Jazz. Made in Japan,active electronics,schaller machine heads and amazing neck with ebony board,much better build than any Fender I have had,great tone and playability.Dont know too much more about it really.

The current crop of Bass Collections are nothing to do with the SGC Nanyo basses - it's the Bass Centre using the brand, that's all. I think the new stuff is made in China.

The original SGC Nanyo operation, based in Japan, stopped making basses around '95 - 96.

I've not seen or played one of the new ones so cannot comment on the quality.