Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Dean Custom Zone Bass with DiMarzio Will Power pup
£170

andydye

[s]Got this recently on a trade and I've been v susprised by it's playability for a relatively chaep bass!

I know the Dean Custom Zone is a 'cheap' bass but this one has been somewhat pimped...here's the pimp list (it's mostly internal stuff that makes a huge difference to the sound!)

New wiring harness as the original was a bit flimsy,
CTS solid shaft pots and knobs
original pickup binned and a [b]DiMarzio Will Power[/b] installed as per the Billy Sheehan Yamaha.

Cosmetically it's in v good condition, a few swirls and a couple of very minor dings, not seen anything on the neck apart from the awesome pink paint on the fingerboard! There's a tiny crack in the finish at the heel end of the neck that I've shown in one of the pics, v minor.

Truss rod works fine now I've lubed it a bit, turns in both directions and the action is pretty good, I can do a bit of Sheehan style tapping on it as it is and with a slight shim it'll come down a bit lower!

Strung with rounds and sounding nice n aggressive due to that willpower pup!

I'm looking for what it cost me which is[b] £170 collected around Sheffield [/b](or £190 inc UK postage).

Pics: (shonky phone cam pics only at the mo I'm afraid, I'll do some better ones as soon as I can)

[attachment=144733:20130927_081906.jpg]

[attachment=144734:20130927_081922.jpg]

[attachment=144735:20130927_081944.jpg][/s]

Edited by andydye

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1383190590' post='2261405']
I think you should keep it Andy and start a Steel Panther type band :)
[/quote]

:D class comment mate! Alas I have neither the legs nor the hair for such an undertaking!

There must be someone out there who has spandex-worthy legs!