Why become a member? ×

Small amp head for Ashdown Perfect 10 cabs?

badboy1984

I've got a mini ashdown rig at my friends house that I've bought long time ago, the rig have been discontinue for ages now.

Basically is a 60watt Amp head that the minimum load is 8ohm, the 2 cabs that come with the rig is 2x 10" cab which is rated at 60watt 16ohm load.

Was wondering are their any amp head i can use wit these cabs?

I was wondering about the LB30. Altho I did ask Ashdown and they see it can be done because 2x 16ohm = 8ohm load which would be fine on the LB30.

The problem I encounter by doing this the cabs only have 1 single input ....... i can't connect the amp to 1 cab then connect the cab to the second cab .....

i think the op means that he's got 2 of 1x10 cabs, each one 16 ohms, is there any space on the plate that the jack socket is fitted to? it's very easy to drill another hole and add a parallel socket, that would allow you to connect in the other cab 10 minutes work if you've got a drill and a soldering iron.

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1380277598' post='2223098']
Yeah i have two 1x10 cab and the cab doesn't allow me to have parallel sockets.
[/quote]

I'd suggest dropping obbm a pm and explaining what you want to be able to...he'll be able to knock up a cable/box that will mean you can connect it all up without modifying your cabs!