Why become a member? ×

TRADED: Status Matrix fretless
£450

juliusmonk

Hi

For sale is the Status Matrix fretless I got from BCer bamboo, originally owned by fretmeister.

It is a rare beast, afaik the original fretted neck was replaced by a Status fretless neck, and then a P pickup was added, with its own volume and tone controls, and a separate output jack. This allows to run two different amps (and/or effect chains) at once, mix (or alternate between) both signals with a line selector pedal, etc.

The bass is like having a graphite-necked Jazz and Precision fretless basses at once! It really sings and growls, with added body if the P pickup is used. The graphite allows you to use any kind of strings, and provides the proverbial extra brightness.

The original bass dates from '97, and the body has numerous tiny marks (none offensive or apparent), the neck is pretty much mint. Low action, fast neck.

The price is 400£ shipped, including the functional, original Status gig bag - I'll also throw in the flatwound string set it came with.

I'm selling because I still prefer the neck of the Sonus fretless, and lined fingerboards. Trades possible but not many things I'm after at the moment... Maybe Pedulla, Marleaux with cash your way.

Pics:

Thanks!

Edited by juliusmonk

[quote name='juliusmonk' timestamp='1380047865' post='2220133']Trades possible but not many things I'm after at the moment... Maybe Pedulla, Marleaux with cash your way.[/quote]

Spector? [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/215635-spector-euro-4lx-l825-shipped-in-the-uk/page__pid__2220186#entry2220186"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/215635-spector-euro-4lx-l825-shipped-in-the-uk/page__pid__2220186#entry2220186[/url]

They have separate outputs, so you need a way of mixing both signals, or just use two amps, or an effects unit like the Line6 M9 that has stereo input (so you would hear a J on the left and a P on the right 😊). A mixer would of course work as well. Not sure if you could use a 'Y' cable to plug into a mono input. Either way, it sounds immense if you use both outputs simultaneously... The original owner used two amps with separate signal paths to put one output through an aggressive path (filters, etc) and use the other to keep the low end intact, I think.

I typically use it as two different basses by just alternating between both outputs. I was eventually planning on getting a Boss LS-2.

Hope this helps.