Why become a member? ×

Plastic Dinosaurs

TenLetters

I recently recorded a 4 track with a friend of mine. We are putting it out under the name 'Plastic Dinosaurs'.

Si was kind enough to master the songs for us and, considering this is the first proper project I have completed, I'm really happy with them. Si did a fantastic job and really helped out in some areas as well!

You can find the songs here -> http://plasticdinosaurs1.bandcamp.com/

I also made a fool of myself in a video we made for one of the songs -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKLinjV11mY

(I don't know how to embed it im afraid!)

Any feedback or comments welcome - especially on the mixes as this is the recording forums.

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely track mate! Superb job for a four-track recording - just goes to show what can be done with them, eh :)

Mix sounds great to my ears. I'd expect nothing less from Si. The little bongo/congo pops around 1:45 are especially sublime - I love little details like that.

Bass sounds warm and sits well with the acoustic.

Good effort with the video too.

Thumbs up.

[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]Thanks for the feedback guys.[/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial]I should probably edit the first post as its unclear but they were not 4 track recordings im afraid! I had meant to say it was a 4 track ep but I was tired and had spent far too long staring at a computer screen![/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial]We are looking into a real drummer for a live set up but I just don’t have the means to record them at present unfortunately so the electronic stuff just makes it a bit more manageable until I can justify a full set of mics and pre's![/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial]With regards to teh kit this was all done in my front room with a zoom r16, Focusrite ISA 1 and AT4033a. The bass was an Aria Pro ii which I pulled the frets out of![/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial]We have been lucky and had a few plays on BBC radio this last week which is nice but doesn’t mean a whole lot just yet. It was good to hear that the songs still sounded good despite the BBC doing their best to crush the life out of them! [/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial]Si - we have a couple of new songs coming together already so will be in touch hopefully at some point in the new year if you're happy to do some more work for us [/font][/color][/size] :)

Edited by TenLetters

[quote name='TenLetters' timestamp='1381494932' post='2239843']
[size=4][font=Arial]We are looking into a real drummer for a live set up but I just don’t have the means to record them at present unfortunately so the electronic stuff just makes it a bit more manageable until I can justify a full set of mics and pre's![/font][/size]
[/quote]

I've just bought a second-hand Yamaha MD8 digital 8-track recorder, stands, cables and mics specifically to record our drummer - total cost? Less than £170. You really only need three mics to properly record a drum kit. :)

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_xm1800s_set.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_xm1800s_set.htm[/url]

As you already have an R16... the world's your lobster, Rodney. ;)

[quote name='TenLetters' timestamp='1381494932' post='2239843']
[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]Si - we have a couple of new songs coming together already so will be in touch hopefully at some point in the new year if you're happy to do some more work for us [/font][/color][/size] :)
[/quote]

Absolutely!