Why become a member? ×

Bass Tuner Polyphonic Digitech HT6

Pinball

Hi, I need a tuner so two things

1. I was offered a good deal on a Digitech hardwire tuner. Any strong opinions on them?

[url="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/digitech-hardwire-series-ht-6-polyphonic-pedal-tuner"]http://www.musicians...nic-pedal-tuner[/url]

2. Previous threads praise the Korg Pitch Black and TC Polytune but there is also a suggestion that the newer nano/micro TC Polytune unit isn't that hot for bass guitar. Any updates on that?

Any user feedback would be much appreciated.

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1379588665' post='2214434']
Not used one of those, but I've been using the polytune mini for over a year now with bass and no issues. Apparently the polytune mode doesn't work with bass, but the single string mode is absolutely fine
[/quote]+1

Never really understood the polytune mode on bass.

Great little units.

Not used one of those, but I've been using the polytune mini for over a year now with bass and no issues. Apparently the polytune mode doesn't work with bass, but the single string mode is absolutely fine
[/quote]

Thanks, that confirms what I heard. I tried one on guitar and was really taken with it but am still keen to try the Digitech unit it it works well on both bass and lead. Maybe I'll just take my 5 string to the shop to be sure

The HT-6 for information:

Tried it, liked it and bought it. £59 from Absolute Guitars, which seems very reasonable for a well made bit of kit.

It has a bass setting for basses with up to 6 strings and I took my 5 string along and it worked great. Set it for "bass 5 string" (it then remembers the last setting you programmed). A quick strum and the polytune gives you an instant overview, then if you pluck any string you it instantly changes to chromatic mode and tells you the note and you just centre the lights. Very fast and very impressive. It's also nice and bright, much brighter looking than in the youtube vids. The only down side is that its a lot bigger than the TC units so is not as easy to fit in a crowded pedal board.

Thanks for the advice

Edited by Pinball

[/quote]

Mine works fine in polytune mode. :)