Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot V8

Pete wilkinson

Thanks for the replys . Mr F,I'd like something for home use and small shows . The v8 is brilliant but it's flight cased and isn't practical for me to transport . I suppose I'm looking for advice re smaller set up . . I use a fender P and my mine bass is a Gibson EB2 . All I want to achieve is a full bass sound that you feel . I imagine it may be difficult as I'm used to playing loud .
Forgive my lack of knowledge and hope you can help

I probably wouldn't sell the V8. Save up some cash for an 'additional' amp rather than a replacement. In terms of something that 'feels' like a valve amp that isn't, I really like the Mesa Walkabout. It was something I bought instead of a valve amp when I had the money.

[quote name='Pete wilkinson' timestamp='1379354193' post='2211662']
Thanks for the replys . Mr F,I'd like something for home use and small shows . The v8 is brilliant but it's flight cased and isn't practical for me to transport . I suppose I'm looking for advice re smaller set up . . I use a fender P and my mine bass is a Gibson EB2 . All I want to achieve is a full bass sound that you feel . I imagine it may be difficult as I'm used to playing loud .
Forgive my lack of knowledge and hope you can help
[/quote]

How small and light are you aiming? The Hrtke LH stuff has basically the same tone stack as the V-type if you use it clean. I have a Trace V-type pre that might be going, pair it with a light power amp, like and IPR, and score a valve power amp for when you want to go big.

[quote name='Pete wilkinson' timestamp='1379397889' post='2212060']
It seems I own an amp that's the holy grail of bass amps but not much interest in it. . [/quote]
The market is very depressed at the moment, and the Valve Trace stuff is rather a niche product. Not a good combination if you are a seller :(