Why become a member? ×

Mu-Tron III comeback very soon ...

bass_ennyday

brothers & sisters,

the holy mother of all envelope filters will be coming back soon, very soon:

[i]"The Original Mu-Tron III has been out of production since 1980! Don't buy a fake!
An AUTHORIZED RE-ISSUE w original MOJO + xtra funk is coming VERY soon!![/i]

source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-Mu-Tron/477113722337971

Are you the builder? If so, perhaps you could explain the design?

Given the awfulness of the Haz labs reissue, i don't hold out much hope, [b][i]according to [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mike Beigel [/font][/color][/i][/b]the Q-tron is the closest copy of the Mu-tron sound...

Edited by Kev

Guest FretNoMore

If it's true to the original it's a big box, non-standard power, volume drop, tone suck ... not my cup of tea. Maybe if it was at least re-invented with the same sound but in a modern format. As it is you can get a more practical and arguably better sounding equivalent in for instance the 3Leaf Proton.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1379359202' post='2211794']
Are you the builder? If so, perhaps you could explain the design?

Given the awfulness of the Haz labs reissue, i don't hold out much hope, the Q-tron is the closest copy of the Mu-tron sound.
[/quote]

I´m not the builder but i´m very excited about the comeback, i´m on the waiting list for the first 100 units.

More details i founds:

[color=#333333]The new product, aimed at "high end" to begin with, [/color]
[color=#333333]--will use a "Mu-Tron (R)(not my R) engine" in the middle of an audio signal processing system [/color]
[color=#333333]--that allows high range of flexibility in both input, output and bypass modes. [/color]
[color=#333333]--The RANGE of control functions is expanded [/color]
[color=#333333]--and previously "fixed" parameters will now be variable by the musician. [/color]
[color=#333333]--it is "ALL ANALOG" with TRUE GROUND dual Vsuppl[/color][color=#333333]y rails (for you technically inclined musicians). [/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Just quoting the words of Mike Beigel [/font][/color] :)[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Don't necessarily agree! Edited first post for clarity [/font][/color] ;)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As someone has said, i reckon the 3Leaf Proton has the vibe in modern form. [/font][/color]