Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD *** MTD CRB5 *** SOLD ***
£400

mattbass6

[color=#333333]Hello. I'm selling my upgraded MTD CRB 5 bass and gig bag. It's absolutely lovely and a great, new interpretation of a P-Bass. It has an asymmetric neck and Buzz Feiten Tuning and weighs 3.5kg. I've upgraded the machine heads with Hipshot ultralight tuners and the bridge with a Hipshot "A" style aluminium bridge. The pots and input jack have all been upgraded and new knobs added as well[/color][color=#333333]. It comes with a new set of D'Addario Pro Steels plus strap locks, the original bridge and machines heads and the lovely MTD gig bag. New, at Bass Direct, the combined price of the bass, not including the upgrades I have done, and gig bag is £570. I've put £200 of new, high quality hardware on this bass.[/color]

[color=#333333]The only reason for selling is I have the ultimate P-Bass with my Mike Lull PJ5 and this just isn't getting used. It's in mint / new condition. I'm based in the Cardiff area and am looking for £400 for this and no trades please. If you're looking for a quality 5 string bass that is light, plays like a dream, sounds ace but retains some classic approaches to bass then, this is for you. Cheers for reading. Matt[/color]

[color=#333333]PS I forgot to mention postage etc. I am prepared to deliver but at the buyers expense or / and I'm prepared to travel in a 50 mile radius of Cardiff to meet / deliver :)[/color]

Edited by mattbass6

They are seriously ace but do need to be upgraded IMHO. The pots were a bit too hot and the hardware average but, the construction is ace and the stability wonderful. Once upgraded, this is a great sounding, very playable, light weight, modern take on a classic.

I used to have 2 MTD Kingston 5 string basses, and they were surprisingly good! The necks were an absolute joy to play and they were nice and light, so no neck or back ache after long gigs..

Also, the [color=#333333]Buzz Feiten Tuning system worked really well and soundwise, they were pretty versatile IMO.[/color]

[color=#333333]Not seen this model before, but with all the mods on it, it looks like great value..[/color]

[color=#333333]If it's a 35" scale neck (which I suspect it is), then the B string should sound pretty good too! :)[/color]

Thank you for your post. It really is light and easy to play. I've never gigged it but have used it in a full 4 hour rehearsal and no issues on the back or shoulder or neck - perfectly balanced. This is a 34" scale and the "B" is still awesome sounding :)

Edited by mattbass6