Why become a member? ×

Rob Allen Mb2 5 strings *Major price reduction* SOLD
£2000

Sumatra

Price or trade value reduced to [s]1950£[/s] [s]2300 euro[/s] 2000 euro

Hi guys,

here up for sale is my beloved Rob Allen Mb2 5 strings, fretless, unlined.
I'm after a dream bass and must find a way to collect the cash: tried to sell out one of the kidneys but seems like no one's interested so there's not much more to do for me..

This is basically a "standard" walnut 5 strings: walnut top with dark tortoise binding over ash body, birdseye maple neck 35" scale with fretless unlined macassar ebony fingerboard. Side dots where the fret would be.
Volume pot incapsulated in the bridge, wooden knob. A tone control is accessible with a little screwdriver from a hole in the control cavity plate. Matrix piezo pu. Hipshot tuners.
The bass is in really excellent conditions, would rate it 9.5 out of 10: I found only a small ding on the body thickness, where the right arm rests, nothing else: no discoloration of the top where the finger rests, or belt marks on the back. Fretboard as well is in great conditions, I always used the black labella [s]and guess also the previous owner did[/s] but slight shades of roundwound strings are there so for a limited period of time they have been used. This is nothing serious, the fretboard doesn't need any rectification or intervention whatsoever: I didn't notice the marks until I looked for them.

I'm not the first owner, I don't have the original case or the certificates from Rob.
I will ship in a lightweight rigid case, and prepare it carefully for shipment.

I'm located in the north of Italy, if you were planning a quick weekend here just let me know and you may try it out as well!

For the moment price does not include shipping, but I'm ready to negotiate, especially for cash.
Not particularly interested in trades, unless it's something I can re-sell easily, but worst I can say is no thanks.

For any other question just contact me

thanks
Luca

[b]EDIT[/b]: changes in the description

[attachment=143420:mb2 5 unlined body.jpg]

[attachment=143421:mb2 5 unlined body back.jpg]

[attachment=143422:bridge.jpg]

[attachment=143423:mb2 5 unlined front red.jpg]

[attachment=143424:mb2 5 unlined back red.jpg]

Edited by Sumatra

To me it shows 18mm from center string to center string between B and E, and seems like something less between D and G?

[attachment=143889:string spacing 1.jpg]

[attachment=143890:string spacing 2.jpg]

Weight on my kitchen scale is 2,8 kg

I'm 35 km (30-45 min by car) from Parma towards Piacenza, I live in Salsomaggiore Terme.

Thanks,
Luca

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys,

after a careful look I found a ding on the body and noticed that I was not accurate when I reported that there's no kind of roundwound strings mark whatsoever.
I inspected the bass more carefully and the mark is there. Nothing serious, you won't even notice that if you don't look for that, and you won't need any kind of intervention, but it's there so I wanted to highlight everything.

Sorry for that, I was really convinced about that when I placed the post!

Changed the description to include that.

thanks
Luca

EDIT: here you can see in the pics. I increased contrast and sharpness to reveal them as much as possible. Any other picture you'd like (or light angle) just let me know.

[attachment=146529:ding.jpg]
[attachment=146530:fretboard.jpg]

Edited by Sumatra