Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING: TC Electronic BH500 +BC410 + BC212 + Covers + Leads
£600

Skinnyman

The back's playing up so I've had to downsize my gear. Although the TC Electronics stuff is pretty light, it's still too much for my back to get a 410 up and down from the third floor bedroom so....

Selling a BH500 head (perfect working order, excellent condition), a BC410 cab (ditto - a few scuff marks where cabs have been stacked but no rips or tears) and a BC212 cab (ditto with similar scuffs).

The head and 212 have Roqsolid covers (black with red piping) that are in excellent condition and the 410 has an unbranded vinyl/leatherette cover that has a few scuffs but no rips or tears anywhere.

I'll try and upload pics in the next day or so.

This is a phenomenal rig - I use the 212 for rehearsal and small pubs, the 410 on it's own for larger spaces and, once, used them both for outdoors. They hold their own against two guitarists and an over-excited drummer with no problem. I've never need to push the volume beyond 1 o'clock on the dial and for most pub gigs, the volume's perfect just under half way. There are lots of pics, specs and reviews on the web so I won't repeat any here other than to say that the design/ease of use of this amp is brilliant. And the tubetone feature best of all. You can dial in a bit (or a lot!) of distortion at the turn of a dial or have it set up on the presets and switch easily between numbers. For a covers band like ours where I'm having to move quickly between different tones, it's a fantastic feature.

I've had the set up for about 12 months and loved it - it sounds fantastic with my Jazz bass. It's been gigged maybe a dozen times in that period and as many rehearsals.

Any questions, please ask. I'm based just north of Peterborough and suggest collection on a try-before-you-buy basis or I'm happy to deliver/meet within a reasonable distance.

Someone's bound to ask and no, I'd rather not split - that said, if someone wants just the head and one cab, that's fine but I'm not ready to sell either of the cabs independently until the head's sold. Soz.

Price is £600 ono including speaker leads and mains leads (not sure where the manuals are or if I still have them owing to an over-enthusiastic clear-out by the missus. I'll try and find them but can't guarantee I'll be able to lay hands on them!!).

Edited by Skinnyman

[quote name='Skinnyman' timestamp='1378932392' post='2206788']
Hmmmm, tempting - but at 27kilos it's the same as my 410 so doesn't really solve the problem back wise.....

So, no....SOZ
[/quote]

27 kilos???
Not at all. Two of them will still weight less than 27 kilos!
The BF Compact is amazingly light and huge sounding.

[quote name='bigevilman' timestamp='1378986688' post='2207347']
When I had two, I could carry them both 1 in each hand. Only reason I'm wanting to trade is I'm after a big rig again, and even though I'd love another compact again, I can't afford it!

Would love two matching TC cabs to go with my BH500.

Drop us a PM if interested
[/quote]

To the OP: bite his hand and do the trade! If your main interest is reducing weight, the Barefaced Compact is a great solution, and still sounds huge.

Sorry...I've got a couple of people interested in the whole rig and that's the easiest solution for me. If the interest comes to naught I might be interested in doing a swap for the cabs and selling the amp on its own - but I'd really prefer to get the cash if I can just to smooth out a minor cash flow problem....

@BigEvilMan - I'll PM you about the swap if I the offers fall through and I decide to do a swap - but at the moment I'd prefer to hang tight and see if the sale goes through