Why become a member? ×

Tortoise shell doesn't go with maple - prove me wrong

Jono Bolton

[quote name='lee4' timestamp='1378633090' post='2202525']
Nice.What's the sound like?
[/quote]

It's got a punchy, active sound but it's a bit thin and lacks anything that would make it sound anything like a Musicman. I was playing Pinball's Esh that he's got up for sale and the Esh has a Kent Armstrong pickup in that just sounds amazing and unbelievably versatile so I'm thinking of chucking one of those in, or maybe an EMG MMTW. Otherwise, it's lovely to play, has a neck that would make a Fender Geddy Lee go to Weightwatchers and looks great. Build quality is decent for a sub-£300 bass but nothing like a Squier's. It's on my well-ok-I-suppose-I'll-have-to-sell-some-basses list unless I upgrade the pickup and decide to keep it. It's a Dean Hillsboro Single by the way.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1378633666' post='2202537']

I'm afraid not - did you know it's actually illegal to use a tort guard with anything but aged olympic white or sunburst?
It can result in a fine, community service, a month in prison and a sound lashing across the buttocks with a Minotaur strap. :crazy:[size=4] [/size]
[/quote]

I have a tort guard on my P Bass, which is black with a rosewood board. f*** the system!

The only thing that should be illegal is the use of cheap, printed tort. I've never understood why, even on a US Standard bass that costs close to a grand, Fender don't use decent celluloid for scratchplates.