Why become a member? ×

Modulus on fleaBay - is it worth a bid?

Born 2B Mild

Not many four-string Modulus axes come up for sale in my county of Yorkshire, but here is one [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120271414212&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002#ebayphotohosting"]on fleaBay[/url]

Perhaps the lack of decent photos and description have caused it to have no bids ? (shame the name of the model isn't spelt right either). That doesn't mean the bass or its owner are less than 100% .

I've never played a Modulus and hope to one day. Anyone got any views/advice about this one? It's a lot of cash to take a punt on!

I think the added control plate over powers the look of the bass,and for me looks hideous,but thats my personal opinion,i would ask if the pups and electrics are original,and maybe why the MM looking control plate was added.
The price seems good,but i think the mod has dented the value.

I've had a couple of looks at this one.

Looks like a bit of a frankenstein job on that control plate (as mentioned above). Even if it all works Ok then I think this is really going to effect both the sell on price if you don't like it and the ease of selling because it's a long way from standard.

Personally I think you can find a lot better Modulus basses out there if you keep your eyes open. Unlikely to find one for £600 but I think spending a bit more might be better than taking something that's a bit "dodgy".