Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Electra TT4 Jazz Bass?

dasbear69

East asian built bass, think I need to try one.

It says on the sandberg website that they are sandberg designed single coil pickups (AlniCo5 magnetics) that are fitted.

The higher spec models have delano pickups which sound great on demos I have heard.

For a similar price what would be recommend?

Well I have the VS4 (P-Bass version) and I have to say it knocks the bits off a lot of other basses of similar price
Yes the parts are sourced from the far east to Sandbergs spec, but they are very VERY good indeed

The parts are shipped back to Germany where the necks are Plek's and then assembled by some of the same guys
who put together the high end basses.

The fit and finish is superb, the neck pocket is as tight as i've seen, frets and edges are smooth and it sounds spot on.
with the option to run it active or passive, with the bass and treble set flat there is virtually no difference which is also great.

Gigged it a few times now and it stays in tune and sound very punchy and tight .... just waiting for the new strings to die off a bit.

Guitar Guitar and PMT as well as other are all starting to stock these and the VS4 (P) is about £499 and the TT4 (J) £569 ish
well worth a try, but even if you bought blind YOU WOULD NOT BE DISSAPOINTED !

Have a look at my review of the VS4 over here .....

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/214998-sandberg-electra-vs4-new-bass-day/page__p__2181228#entry2181228"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/214998-sandberg-electra-vs4-new-bass-day/page__p__2181228#entry2181228[/url]