Why become a member? ×

Marshall MB450h & MBC410 Eq?

dasbear69

Hi Everyone,

I have a Marshall MB450head & MBC410 cabinet, I find the amp gives a very deep sound with a lack of tone and punch making it a very muddy, I use a maya jazz bass with flatwounds and play in a cover's band (pub, wedding doing rock and pop stuff)

Does anyone use these or have any suggested amp settings?

Does anyone know what speakers are used in the cabinet?

Out of interest would anyone know who much this rig is worth?

[b]thanks for the tip.[/b]

[b]I'm actually using elites groundwounds that are a cross between flats and rounds they say The outer wrap is wound with a round wire which is then ground down to smooth off it's ridges. The result is a smoother string with reduced finger noise, which still retains more flexibility and brightness than a flatwound alternative.[/b]

[b]I love them could'nt imagine using any other strings, can't see them being that much different to chromes or bright flats, but did just buy a set of rotosound rs66s never used them need to hear what all the fuzz is about, will put on will mess around with the amp tonight.[/b]

[b]Thank you Master.[/b]

I used to have the exact same amp set-up, and used the Classic Channel, with all eq, including Gain, at midday. I did find that having the Master Volume on full, and then using the Channel Volume to control the overall volume breathed more life into the sound. Try the Modern Channel, again Master Vol all the way up, actual volume controlled by Channel Volume and use the Compressor, all eq at midday then tinker around with the mids, boost not cut, and you should get some punch.

The speakers are Marshalls own ones, no specs available unfortunately. Value-wise, well I think I sold my set-up for about £350/£400 a couple of years ago.

Hi. I play an MB4210 with MBC115 and we do pubs and clubs like you. I also found this could get boomy in certain circumstances. I've found the following helpful and rarely get issues now:-
Blend classic and modern channels with mid para on 11 o'clock and mid vol on 1 o'clock. Bass and treble on both channels at 11 o'clock. Not too much Voice on classic channel. Gain on 75%. Voice setting varies according to acoustics. Blend 75% classic channel/25% modern. Don't use too much compression or effects. I found a Great Gramma pad makes a huge difference on hollow stages. I used to have massive issues and sometimes played with bass cut right back, but that's all behind me now!