Why become a member? ×

Eve basses

Scooby

I know the guy who makes them, Dougie. Nice chap, and his basses are as good looking in real life as they are in the pictures; he really puts a lot into them. I played his fretless, the Elite 5 (which didn't feel like a 35" scale at all) and the wee 32" scale 4 string and couldn't really find anything wrong with any of them.

Bit out of my price range, but lovely instruments nonetheless. Though despite my repeated leg-pulling, he still dismisses the idea of ramps or singlecut basses..... :D

Edited by EddieG

Had a series of email conversations with Douglas. Got to say he is one extremely helpful guy! For a fairly unknown bass brand, the Elite at over 2K is too much of a punt but the Probass at £900 - what's not to like? :D More importantly, the attention to detail on the Probass does not differ to that of its more expensive kin and, at a mere 2.5 - 3kg you'll have to keep looking down to make sure you've got the bass strapped on :D
Certainly giving some serious thought to acquiring a Probass and, depending upon the results, who knows, an Elite at a later date? Well, that's after I've persuaded the lady of the house that another beauty should come to live with me ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments folks. I've decided to order a Probass - after a plethora of Q & A emails - and, at £900 (I've gone for a 33" scale, which is an additional £50 option), it is well worth the money, particularly if the sound and build quality mentioned in the couple of Bass Magazine articles are anything to go by!
I'll put pics in the build diary section.
Cheers.
:D