Why become a member? ×

Blade B1 Tetra - Jazz Any Opinions?

ash

Well I have really enjoyed playing this bass the few days I've owned it. The construction is excellent, it balances perfectly and is nice and light. Sound wise it is just like any good jazz bass but the addition of the mid push/pull boost on the tone pot gives a lot of more modern tonal options. The neck is thin and I've read that these are very similar to the fabled preCBS Jazz necks, dunno about that but it does feel very comfy to play. I'm yet to gig it and will use it this weekend, I'm a little worried that the neck maybe too slender as I am used to playing my '70s P basses and my old double bass.....this feels like a toy in comparison! If you are a Jazz bass fan though I'd certainly recommend this version.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1378157642' post='2196524']
I nearly had one myself I played it and loved it but the guy who I was going to get it from messed me about so it did not happen but yeah there nice basses and I think you will like it ash :)
[/quote]

As feared I don't get on with the skimpy neck although I love the sound and versatility of the extra boost on the tone control. I've put it on the for sale section as a feeler. My other option is to put on an old JV Precision neck I have - if it fits!