Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Jim Reed Jazz copy
£100

pete.young

No Trades thank you - need to free up some space.

Jim Reed Jazz bass copy. Jim Reed is a guitar-maker based in Italy - his guitars and basses were available on ebay for a time, I'm not sure if he's still in business or not. I bought this a few years ago to keep the kids away from my decent basses, and now they're all grown up and moving out it needs to find a new home.

It has a nicely-figured 2-piece ash body with comfortable contours. The waxed finish doesn't show any dents. The neck is slim and true and plays very nicely and the pickups (made by Kent Armstrong) are good. The fingerboard extends to a 24th fret over the top strings (i was going to saw that off but never got around to it. Fingerboard is rosewood, dot markers and the logo on the headstock are inlaid with mother-of-plastic.

The one issue with this bass is the neck pocket, which has an authentic '70's Fender gap on the 'G' string side of about 1.6mm . I've shimmed this and the neck is stable and doesn't move anywhere. I've tried to illustrate it in the picture.

The sale includes a Fender Japan gig bag and a strap embroidered 'Jim Reed' [b][u]- Now sold[/u][/b]

This bass can be collected from the Ipswich area or the South East Bass Bash.

Edited by pete.young

• 3 weeks later...

I have a bass shipping box standing by, so UK shipping is going to be £10 - Interparcel standard next day. An off-peak return from Norwich to Ipswich is only £16, so you could make a day of it!

Weight is 11lb according to my bathroom scales. 'Er indoors is convinced they err on the heavy side, I'm not so sure.

• 2 weeks later...